No fuel injector pulse on AEM EMS V2

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
My 7mgte ran fine on AEM EMS V1. I switched over to AEM EMS V2 from Driftmotion. I have the ignition timing set up and appears to be firing like it should. But I have no start. I used a Noid light tester and I have no fuel injector pulse on all 6 injectors. I have a Tweaked wiring harness but my wiring is in stock configuration including the resistor. I'm using Precision 680cc 2ohm injectors.

What's interesting is that I look at the pin diagram for the AEM EMS V1 and I see pins for INJ1&6, INJ2&5, INJ3&4. But on the pin diagram for AEM EMS V2 I see separate pins for INJ1, INJ2, INJ3, INJ4, INJ5, INJ6. So I don't see how my wiring can be the same and work on both V1 and V2. The big unknown to me is the role that the patch harness plays with all of this. The AEM EMS V2 should be PnP so I don't understand why I would need to do any rewiring all at.

I reached out to AEM and Driftmotion but didn't get anywhere.

So is anyone running AEM EMS V2 from Driftmotoin without rewiring the injectors?

As a last resort, I guess I would need to wiring up the injectors myself. With the 2ohm injectors, do I still need the resistor or can I wire them directly to the EMS?

Thanks,
Dennis

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Looks like no one has an answer on this yet. But I did some further investigate to help narrow down the problem.

I was able to trace the wires coming out of INJ1, INJ2, INJ3, INJ4, INJ5, INJ6 on the AEM EMS V2 and they do pair up within the patch harness and match up to INJ1&4, INJ2&6, and INJ3&5 on the engine harness.

Next I confirmed I do have power coming in and out of the resistor. I do have power at the injectors.

This pretty much narrows the problem down to within the AEM EMS V2 box.