No fuel after rebuild

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
So I finally put my motor together and I am getting to fuel, the pump (walbro 255) was working fine before I melted two pistons. But now I cant even hear the pump when the car is in the on position. I have no idea were to go from here, can someone help me? Thanks!

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
***update*** so I put power to the black and red wire that connects to the fuel pump relay and I heard my pump turn on so the fuel pump is fine, now is there a way to test to see if the relay is working?

Just found this:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=FI&P=114

Now the relay is fine I did the "inspect relay operation" and "inspect relay continuity" but we seem to not be getting power to the relay itself , what can be the problem there?

Last edited:

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
jetjock;1559290 said:
Unless the wiring has been modified the pump isn't supposed to run when the key is at the on position, assuming that's what you meant.

Yes thats what I meant, I thought when the key is in the on position the fuel pump would then be primed? not sure though. Also does anyone have the diagram or how to check the Main fuse relay?

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
ChrisC;1559321 said:
Did you miss hooking up either of the two ground wires underneath the intake manifold?

no I got those two also, ill see tomorrow if it starts after i get the AFM, keep you guys posted!