No front bumper removal guide

fadadman

Nov 19, 2012
Belize, CA
I've searched everywhere, even googled it, no mk3 supra front bumper removal guide, very surprising. Is there anyone out there that knows of any? Please help, as i just bought a 89 with broken front bumper and would like to replace it. The previous owner took down the original so i have now idea what goes where. Thanks

p1905113_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No there isn't. It's pretty straight forward. Just look for the bolts attaching it and remove them and it slides off.

Yea take out the crash support first than take the front bumper off from there. Its easier that way IMO. To remove the crash support you have to take both front wheels off because there is one screw on each side at the end of the front bumper connecting the bumper to the fender. Theres a support bracket thing that connects the inside of the bumper to the chassis. then take off both turn signals and theres a bolt/screw there. Also, you have to take out both fog lights. Then unbolt the two big bolts that hold the the crash support in. Then pull out the crash support. Then theres like 5-6 screws on the bottom side of the crash support. Theres also a couple more screw but forgot exactly where they were, but thats basically all. Then just do the reverse way to put it back on.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Is pretty much straight forward. The first Time I did it, took me 1 hr. now I know to remove the crash bar first. ( two bolts) and the the remaining bolts near the wheel well. I can get it off in 30 min now (including breaks)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'm stumped I just removed all the fender bolts and the foglights and the brackets behind them and their is still support in the middle near the nose piece what did I miss?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Did you get the bolts from the middle part in the grille opening that go up into the support bar?

When I took these out in my '89, most of them just broke, because they were rusted in place. :(

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think so I got like 6 bolts on each side from the grill area but its right above the nose piece thats stuck. I did it to put my intercooler in but it looks like I can finish it with where my bumper is now.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
have to remove the grills and theres 2 bolts behind there. Just have to look for where its still attached and then look for what you missed

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
it looks like I need to remove the front nose to get to it. I maybe should of removed the crash support I just removed the bumper cover.