No coolant flow through rear hose

paddlenbike

Apr 6, 2005
Northern CA
The interior heat works intermittently. Regardless of how long I let the car sit at idle from a cold-start, I turn on the heater, watch the VSV open the heater valve and yet I get no heat into the interior. The most disturbing thing is there is no hot coolant flow through the coolant line that goes from the back of the cylinder head to the heater valve. ??? If I get into the boost, then sometimes the heat starts flowing into the heater core and I get fluid moving through the rear heater hose. I have burped the cooling system several times. The car has all new coolant hoses, a new Toyota water pump, new thermostat and a new Fluidyne radiator. Any ideas?

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
perhaps try a coolant flush? i did one when i changed my antifreeze, and i was incredibly surprised at the amount of gunk that came out. some of it was definately large enough to plug those 5/8" heater hoses... sometimes i wonder how it didnt...

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i like to tie open the heater VSV, remove the thermistat and shove a garden hose into the upper radiator hose, and flush EVERYTHING through the motor.