no boost leaks. but still wont boost

Pride

Apr 7, 2008
Idaho Falls
okay so ive tested my system and found all my boost leaks and yet im still not getting boost. i hit 1 psi at around 4000 rpms but thats it. thought it was just my boost gauge but hooked up a new one working fine and still the same results. turbo is rebuilt and i have a halman boost controller on it. the motor is all stock. i do have a code 51 and 52 which i will be fixing later on this week but that wouldnt effect it from boosting. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Code 51 is TPS and code 52 is knock sensor. Fix these and you might be surprised.

Also make sure your boost controller is hooked up properly.

Running a car hard, trying to 'see what shes got' with a code 52 is very stupid IMO.

Pride

Apr 7, 2008
Idaho Falls
okay thanks i appreciate your help. and the code 52 is because one of the wires broke off and i didnt solder it properly (Didnt know there was a special way to do it until i read up on code 52 and found a link). ive also read on the threads too of people driving with a code 52 and had no problems whatsoever so didnt think it would affect anything but thank you for the advice. i will try and fix the codes tonight and see if that helps with boost.

Pride

Apr 7, 2008
Idaho Falls
wow man that sucks. i hope thats all the problem is. i will rewire my knock sensor and do it properly and see if it fixes boost. hope i dont get bhg. i bought it that way and rebuilt it so i would be pretty pissed haha. but thats the risks with 7M's. thanks again guys. ill keep you updated.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Pride;1864193 said:
wow man that sucks. i hope thats all the problem is. i will rewire my knock sensor and do it properly and see if it fixes boost. hope i dont get bhg. i bought it that way and rebuilt it so i would be pretty pissed haha. but thats the risks with 7M's. thanks again guys. ill keep you updated.

Also, make sure your wastegate isn't stuck. It should start to move around 3-4 PSI and be open by 6 PSI. Just pressurize it the same way you'd check for boost leaks.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Pride;1864193 said:

well i bought it with a MHG and ARP's headstuds already installed(Previous owner didnt do any machining)
car always had issues with putting exhaust gasses into the cooling system due to improper installation of MHG
but i didnt care lol its was my play toy
plus i have a foot made of lead lol

i bought my wire from a local Radio Shack near me
all they had was 2 coated wire with grounding shield...so i just twisted both wires together and did the same for the other sensor
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062643#
something like this ^^

oh and make sure to solder wires together

Pride

Apr 7, 2008
Idaho Falls
Thanks Jonahs_supra i boughts some and just did a half re-wire and no code 52! yeah sorry for the late response guys ive just been way busy and a bunch of stuff has came up. now that code 52 is fixed it did help with boost a little. now i get around 2 pounds haha. so i guess its back to the drawing boards. any other tips? going to fix code 51 this week. would that be the case? thanks again all you guys for your help.

toytech

Toyota certifed
Feb 10, 2009
Frankton,Indiana
is the wastegate actuator connected to the wastegate flapper arm? and if it is will it move with or without resistance? if you have no boost leaks and it doesn't sound like a hair dryer and you only get 1-2 psi this is what i would look at

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
Everyone overlooks clogged cats. I was boosting around 2 lbs as well until I got rid of both cats. Then it jumped up to 8 lbs and felt like it gained 100hp

Pride

Apr 7, 2008
Idaho Falls
i will take a look and see if thats the problem hopefully tomorrow and let you guys know. thanks again for the tips i didnt even think to check those things.