Nice upgrades, but have wg probs...

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
I just got done putting in a BIC DDP(that is run back into the main pipe 18" down) w/ a 3" exhaust. Stock cat still in. Otherwise all is stock. 87T.

I was only getting 2-3psi w/ all stock exhaust. No boost leaks, took out stock pipes(yes from the turbo to the 3000 pipe) to check for stress cracks, but found none. Now with the new 3" turbo-back I get to about 6 psi. Im guessing I have a wastegate issue. I want to get it right before I throw in my MBC.
Do tired wg actuator return springs happen alot? I was thinking of just shimming the actuator out just to get the flapper to seal, then go from there. I dont want to waste money and time buying and installing another tired actuator.
How do the smart guys fix this? Thanks for good opinions

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
I appeciate the thread, but Im not having boost creep- I had 2-3psi boost to start with, now its 5-6 because of the better flowing exhaust.

I want to get 8-9psi. I think the wg spring was weak from the start, allowing it to open early. I thought the best way to couter this(besides buying a new actuator) would be to shim out the actuator, but I want opinions first. I know I cant be the first guy ever to have a problem w/ low boost.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Dag, started out with only 2-3 psi and it wasn't boost leak. Dag. And I always thought that shimming the wg wasn't the best idea? Might have been wrong.