NGK Spark Plug wires Installation help

hellremix

Sep 6, 2010
Pasadena
Hey guys, i recently bought a set of ngk spark plug wires. i noticed that the two plugs in the front are noticable and easy to change. But are there a few that are under that giant metal piece. do i have to take off a giant piece of metal to reach some of the spark plugs? If so how do i take it off, does anyone have pics or tips? and what does changing the wires affect?
thanks

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
You'll want to remove your coil pack, upper intercooler pipe, or throttle body if your na and re move the throttle cable's and bracket. And any vaccum line that runs over the head.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

There's four bolts on the coil pack. 8 I think on the na throttle body. And 3 for the throttle bracket.two on the exhaust side of the head and one that gose into the top of the head.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

You probably wont notice a diffrence in wires. I didn't but they last a long time I'm at two years with mine and they still work.

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
Well there's a couple silver things that cover spark plugs the throttle body or 3000 pipe. Or the throttle cable bracket in the far back. If your looking at the front of the motor it gose coil pack(if turbo). Then the 3000 pipe(if turbo) or throttle body(if non turbo) these are right in the middle. And in back is the throttle bracket.