NewTPS out of range ohms wise, any ideas why?

Aribenbarak

May 21, 2012
Guatemala
I change the TPS in my 1987MK3 supra turbo,I got the TPS from Drifmotion, new for the early model but when I tried to set it up to manuals specs but the values are off the minimum that I got (in ohms is 4.58K and the manual said .3 to 6.3kohms in the o.o gap and vta-e2.)
and in the 0.5 gap idl-e2 doesnot change i can't get it even if I turn it all the way ether side to less than 4.58k ohms.

can some body help me to understand what is it wrong?

thank you very much.

Ari.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Aribenbarak;1966291 said:
I change the TPS in my 1987MK3 supra turbo,I got the TPS from Drifmotion, new for the early model but when I tried to set it up to manuals specs but the values are off the minimum that I got (in ohms is 4.58K and the manual said .3 to 6.3kohms in the o.o gap and vta-e2.)
and in the 0.5 gap idl-e2 doesnot change i can't get it even if I turn it all the way ether side to less than 4.58k ohms.

can some body help me to understand what is it wrong?

thank you very much.

Ari.

4.58k is between .3 and 6.3k omhs

Aribenbarak

May 21, 2012
Guatemala
jajajajaja yes guys,you are right, but when I go to step 2, IDL-E2 have to have less than 2.3K and no matter how you turn the tps the lowest it will go is 4.58k ohms.
My point here is that the lowest it will go is 4.58k even if I need is 2.3k,I will post the image so you can see.

Attachments

• tps.PNG
    tps.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 9

Aribenbarak

May 21, 2012
Guatemala
yes,doble checked, I tried to continue to see if the others readings will be correct,but same history, I am about to take it tothe dealer in defeat,but I am hopping some body help me.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
You need to adjust the throttle stop position first. Then you need to adjust the dashpot. then finally you can adjust the TPS

Aribenbarak

May 21, 2012
Guatemala
Thank you to all that repply, I found the problem, I was taking the 7mge diagram, not the 7mgte, thank you very much, I feel so foolish.
Some time you just fuck it up good, jejejejeje.

thank you.

Ari.