Newbies first post! please read and let me know

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Hi Everybody! I am new to this sight and am largely joining for information about supras, and to try and buy my first one!!! If anybody has any advice where to look that would be great. I have looked at the classifieds on here, craigs list, and various others. However, to find the right one at the right price is always difficult. Also, if anyone has any supras in daily driver condition in the socal area let me know! By daily driver condition i mean drivable and somewhat pretty! I understand no supra will be perfect for that price range, but I want something that i dont have to invest alot of money into just to drive. LOL i would rather save that for mods later ! :icon_bigg My price range is about ~$3000 cant go much higher (poor college student), i will consider any reasonable supra and mods are OK! Thanks for your time, and hope this was a satisfactory first post:naughty: Oh yeah! please if there is anything I should change with my post or how I post please tell me! I'm always looking to improve...

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Welcome to the forum. I have seen a ton of supras on auto trader in your area that were reasonably priced, or you can check the for sale section here. You should have no problems finding a decent car though, but also read through this forum first so you know what to look for when buying one of these cars... good luck:icon_bigg

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
HIGHSPEEDDIRT;1177550 said:
Welcome to the forum. I have seen a ton of supras on auto trader in your area that were reasonably priced, or you can check the for sale section here. You should have no problems finding a decent car though, but also read through this forum first so you know what to look for when buying one of these cars... good luck:icon_bigg

oooops! sorry forgot to list that i'm looking for a Toyota supra turbo! lol 7mgte or better :) lol sorry about the confusion... everyone seeems to skyrocket the price around here just because it sayd turbo!! :icon_evil There price seems to be based solely on the name of the car and does not vary with condition or miles///

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
But thank you for your time and effort looking into cars in my area much appreciated! hopefully im going to look at a car soon! lol 3 in mind...

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Hello Everyone, I figured that I would give an update on my progress of searching for a car! lol my efforts have proved successful, and I am looking forward to modifying the car, so it is truly mine. I have recently purchased a 91 supra, of course turbo and guess what??? Shadow Grey Interior.. I am extremely hapy with my purchase and will modify/ rectify anything I can as money comes along. There is very little wrong with this car, other than what is expected for its age. Minor oxidation on hood and roof, and well thats all I have seen except for a minor trim piece in the Back hatch being torn. I have been looking forward to this and am very excited to be a supra owner! Haha I think that my car has set a record with maximum miles on stock HG [joke], as I will be replacing this as soon as possible, it is not a huge concern. Thanks for all help, and if you feel i am in need to know anything, please!! enlighten me :) Help is always welcome. Haha wow i ramble:aigo:

Attachments

• 1123080915(2).jpg
    1123080915(2).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1123080916a.jpg
    1123080916a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1123080915.jpg
    1123080915.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1123081350.jpg
    1123081350.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
I'm glad you found your car. The car looks like its in damn good shape man congrats.

My car came from cali as well therefore it had no rust anywhere on the car.The only problems were the punk that I had bought it from tried to do all this crazy Fast and the bi-curious shit with it mainly screwing up my interior.

Anyway just have fun with it and be very,very patient with it and it will put the biggest smile across your face. I look forward to you doing a build thread with this car. Goodluck.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Yeah it seems to be maintained at a very high level, everything apears to be stock except for two things, a muffler, and as well a shift kit. I do not know what type or weather this was even necessary because I have heard great things about the auto supra transmission. This transmission is a little less fun but I head it was great for speed because it shifts so quickly.(stock transmission not shift kit).I have several things in mind that i am going to do as far as maintenance goes, and am hoping to be able to do this build right. HAHA it wont be the most expensive nor fancy build, but I hope to make it a reliable but fast vehicle.