newbie here

shrekman

Jan 11, 2010
michigan
Hi Im new to this site. well to start off I have wanted a supra since I was 17 and I owned an 85 celica. I am 28 now I bought an 88 7mgte 5 speed last year which gave me nothing but problems and I still haven't got it running. I kind of gave up on that car and bought a completely new shell. This new 88 I have put a 1 jz into. Its been going for about a week, and I love it.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Welcome to the Mania! I first fell in love with Supras when my Dad was going to buy a brand new '85, but ended up with a Celica GT-S due to GEICO classifying the Supra as a sports car & refusing to insure it. (I kid you not... 145hp monster was uninsurable with GEICO back then)

Had an '83 Celica GT of my own, then a '90 Supra Turbo whose head gasket got blown more often than Tommy Lee, and now a '92 with a 1JZ-GTE. Currently in the shop for a number of minor repairs. (I just got it in January)

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
shrekman;1544024 said:
Hi Im new to this site. well to start off I have wanted a supra since I was 17 and I owned an 85 celica. I am 28 now I bought an 88 7mgte 5 speed last year which gave me nothing but problems and I still haven't got it running. I kind of gave up on that car and bought a completely new shell. This new 88 I have put a 1 jz into. Its been going for about a week, and I love it.

Welcome to the mania! Oddly I also owned an 85 supra when I was young which was hand me down from the old man. After a hit and run, I figured I might as well buy another car so I bought an 87 supra turbo targa for $1740. It's been 8 years since and many things have been done to it. By the way, I'm also 28 this year.