newb from cali

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
dubsupra209;1494838 said:
yea damn i should of went....are you going to get another supra..?

i will get another mk3 supra for sure in the future, but i want to try this build with the fc. i just need a buyer for my car to get it going. after i get the car modded and drift it for a while i might go chaser or mk4. but all that will depend on job at the time and if i can sell my current build to start the next. but i love my mk3 i really dont want to get rid of it, but in order to do what i want i have too. ive had it like 8yrs now or so and has alot of sentimental value. first car i ever bought when i was 16. :( i guess im just living in the "now".

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
1jzdrftr;1495013 said:
i will get another mk3 supra for sure in the future, but i want to try this build with the fc. i just need a buyer for my car to get it going. after i get the car modded and drift it for a while i might go chaser or mk4. but all that will depend on job at the time and if i can sell my current build to start the next. but i love my mk3 i really dont want to get rid of it, but in order to do what i want i have too. ive had it like 8yrs now or so and has alot of sentimental value. first car i ever bought when i was 16. :( i guess im just living in the "now".

yea my supras my first car i bought with my own money also...but ive had it only a year...yea its a clean car you should be able to sell it on here no problem....what do you daily drive..?

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
did you lighten your mkiii at all? with the power and your driving, it looks almost deceiving (supra looks light)... might hit you up when tax return comes. I'm thinking of building a road race mkiii, and your drift JZ mkiii is pretty much there - minor tweaking with suspension and maybe more lightening = she may be a road race beast!

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
dubsupra209;1495035 said:
yea my supras my first car i bought with my own money also...but ive had it only a year...yea its a clean car you should be able to sell it on here no problem....what do you daily drive..?

well i was drivin my 06 Chevy 2500hd (6.0l gas)...but the gas is too damn expensive, like $60 mon-fri only to and from work...now im drivin my fiance's 02 civ just to save gas which is like 25 a week at most :)

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
gobutai;1495955 said:
did you lighten your mkiii at all? with the power and your driving, it looks almost deceiving (supra looks light)... might hit you up when tax return comes. I'm thinking of building a road race mkiii, and your drift JZ mkiii is pretty much there - minor tweaking with suspension and maybe more lightening = she may be a road race beast!

the only thing light about it is the empty gas tank lol jk..i stripped the rear interior and thats all i was gonna take everything out but diddnt get around to it..its been too cold outside. but the car handles like a dream for bein like what 3600lbs~ or so. probably looks light because it has a welded diff and stiff suspension..dont have to jerk the car around to get it to do what u want when the diff is welded :). i fell in love with welded diffs..i drove a 2way before in a 240 but i dunno its hard to explain the difference but i like the rigidness of a welded lol. if you are interested when the tax return comes let me know and if i still have it then we will work somethin out...

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
1jzdrftr;1495978 said:
the only thing light about it is the empty gas tank lol jk..i stripped the rear interior and thats all i was gonna take everything out but diddnt get around to it..its been too cold outside. but the car handles like a dream for bein like what 3600lbs~ or so. probably looks light because it has a welded diff and stiff suspension..dont have to jerk the car around to get it to do what u want when the diff is welded :). i fell in love with welded diffs..i drove a 2way before in a 240 but i dunno its hard to explain the difference but i like the rigidness of a welded lol. if you are interested when the tax return comes let me know and if i still have it then we will work somethin out...

That's awesome - a 3600 lbs :aigo: car moving like that. How fast would you go through your tires, lol. Not sure if the welded diff is road race friendly, but it looks very impressive drifting - kudos to you!

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
gobutai;1496135 said:
That's awesome - a 3600 lbs :aigo: car moving like that. How fast would you go through your tires, lol. Not sure if the welded diff is road race friendly, but it looks very impressive drifting - kudos to you!

thanks i appreciate it. you can go thru tires fast but it seems the more power you have the faster you go thru tires cuz you can really get them tires spinning haha