new to the site and new to the supra world

bigchris023

Aug 2, 2009
allentown,pa
hi everyone just recantly got a 88 supra turbo. has some upgrades with less then 2k on which include, full 3in. trd exhaust,hks intake, ct26 turbo upgrade.and some other stuff. thats going off of what the previous owner told me.. Ok now the bad while driving the car the previous owner noticed a rod nock and pulled over right away and had it towed. at the towing place someone stole the 550cc injectors off of it and the car has been sitting since. I was wandering if there is anyway i can tell if it needs a complete rebuild or maybe just replace the bearings... ok well just thought i would make my first post

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
rod knock = at the very least.. 1 rod resized and the crank turned... and new rings and gaskets bearings... thats the very very least...... and injectors ofcourse lol.. but no you cant just slip bearings in it.. it wont last..

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
HommerSimpson;1384724 said:
rod knock = at the very least.. 1 rod resized and the crank turned... and new rings and gaskets bearings... thats the very very least...... and injectors ofcourse lol.. but no you cant just slip bearings in it.. it wont last..

i could not have said it better.
woodytsi

bigchris023

Aug 2, 2009
allentown,pa
woodytsi;1384762 said:
i could not have said it better.
woodytsi

Thanks alot for your input, do you know of any good sites to get some rebuild parts off of? And any sugestions on parts I should get , I want like 400 to 450 hp range shouldn't be to hard to get to withthis motor