New to the forums, and to Supras.

moonburn

Dec 26, 2010
OH
Hey everybody, my name is George and I just bought my first Supra on the 23rd of December. I have owned a 1986 Mustang GT and a 2002 VW GTi, the latter of which was my baby until the wife made me sell it so we wouldn't have to move two cars cross-country. :cry:

Just about all of my limited wrenching experience comes from that little GTi, with a smattering of tinkering on my 2005 Triumph Thruxton. I hear Supras are a bit of a different animal though. I got my '90 7M-GTE on the cheap (under $1k), but with a lot of work to be done. Major issues that will be tackled before it leaves my garage again are a massive oil gasket leak, front caliper repair and/or replace, and total nonexistence of anything exhaust related rear of the elbow. Might put the PS belt back on too.

Cheers!

johnd

Supramania Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Ont. CA.
Hi George, Welcome to SM!
Can someone fix the op post? animal should be replaced with MONEY PIT!

moonburn

Dec 26, 2010
OH
Trudat. I'm already in for a good chunk of change and haven't even driven it other than on the way home from the purchase! It'll be worth it though. Check the resto thread later this week for exhaust and brakes. A door will hopefully following if a pending deal goes through!:icon_bigg: