Status
Not open for further replies.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
just got it in today

IMG_0908.JPG

it seems to be clean, maybe someone else can tell me if it has low miles by looking at the pics
IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

This last one is something that has me wondering if the twins are shot. there is a lot of oil down in the compressor side of the turbos more in one that the other. the best pic i could get is here

IMG_0933.JPG

The white half moon is the oil. Is this because the seals are leaking?

Also how can i tell which 1jz this is? it came with auto trans, waterpump fan deal or whatever you call it, rear sump pan, and a lot of cut wires.
as for the cut wires i need a ecu is there more than one type of ecu like per car it came from?

once i get this basic stuff nailed down I can start to decide whether to upgrade the turbos and go stand alone or just rebuild them my self and get an oem ecu.
I was thinking of building the piss out of it but i think its in good shape with low miles and i might just run it stock for a wile so i can just get it running. It's going in to a 89 na auto with a knock (so im told i have not got it to turn over yet) i am converting the sell to 5spd. i like to take pic's so i will post a build thread when i start building and swapping.

I'm used to honda's so it might take me a wile to get back to thinking toyota's

I have other things to ask but I'm going to use the friendly search first.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Dude sometimes importers will dump oil into the turbos so they dont rust up and stuff. Did you have to take off the intake pipes to see it or were they off?

I'd say just run it and see? It's only a couple of hours to change turbos.

My vote is single and standalone.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
aphxero;1221134 said:
Dude sometimes importers will dump oil into the turbos so they dont rust up and stuff. Did you have to take off the intake pipes to see it or were they off?

I agree, Single & standalone here...

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
aphxero;1221134 said:

The intake pipes where off when I got it, but the guy that had it before me might of toke them off. he gave me a bag with all the bolts. I can see oil all over the pipes and I think that the engine was on it's side at one point in time and oil ran from the valve covers though the pcv down to both turbos. I hope any way. I'm wanting to run the twins for a wile.

I looked at the shaft play and its not much but is there a spec for turbo shaft play?
maybe I should just rebuild them wile the engine is out, looks like it would be heck to do after its in.

so what about the ecu? I think i have a supra 1jz looking at the auto trans code. would any auto 1jz ecu work?
thanks guys

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
staticpage;1221415 said:
thanks now is there a difference between the ecus? I can't search ecu or find that out anywhere.

What do you mean is there a difference? Between what ecus? Chaser and soarer ecu's are the same, just make sure the one you get is not vvti. And the jza70 ecu's also differ from the chaser and soarer ecu's. They have a two row pin ecu were as the soarer and chaser ecu's have 4 row pin ecu's.

Status
Not open for further replies.