new to supras

iceman

May 11, 2010
columbus ohio
two months ago i purchase a shell for 500 it came with the r154 transmission and the drive shaft but no motor. it is a 91 and it is maroon i will paint it black and the interior is shadow gray leather. About 3 weeks ago i purchased A 1jz from tiger japanese auto. when i first got the 1jz i thought it was in bad shape because it was dirty and they did not cover the intake and it came with a broken tb sensor and a cut wire harness witch i paid for. then i did a compression test and the results were all about 180 except for one it was about 150, also the head WAS very clean but i got it cleaned and sheved anyways.

also the twins are bad oil and all kind of good stuff was licking, but am getting a single anyway. so i am new to supras and i quess i need some help from some one here on sm for help. my goal is to get my supra at 450rwhp, so i dont know what kind of turbo i should get or if i can keep the stock injectors. AND I AM TRYING TO POST SOME PIC BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT.

iceman

May 11, 2010
columbus ohio
thanks man, but i am trying to buy just a turbo not the whole kit. Do you think zandoku turbos are good it seems cheap.

Last edited:

iceman

May 11, 2010
columbus ohio
yea that turbo looks good but for one hundred dollars cheaper i can get a brog warner s400, its a 75 mm turbo. which one do you think i should get the 57 trim from drift motion or the s400. so i want 450 whp for daily.