New to Self-defense

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
Well, I thought about taking up Karate, but at the age in the early twenties, I think it should have been something I should have began at no later than 15 yrs old.

What's is everyone thoughts about this? Who's taken a self-defense course at a later age?

Why do I even want to learn it? Well, it was since I was in third grade and the whole fighting game thing really got famous. Man, Ryu was so cool, Hadoken! Never got into doing it due to the cost, no body's fault, just the way things were.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Troyota said:
Well, if you plan on getting to the stage that you can throw fireballs...you've started too late. :D
it's pronounced, haduken ;)
Anyway it's never too late to start marial arts. Especially if you enjoy kicking peoples asses ;)

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I was a huge Street Fighter II fan...and got into Mortal Kombat. After that, fighting games became too complicated for me. As far as real life self-defense is concerned...I'd be all about it. Even at mid-late twenties, I'd jump into a class. Just for fun and health.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
Yeah, I know I won't be the next action hero, but I would be able to do what I always want.

I was a fan of Rayden and Sub-zero too. Those were the times.

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
well, I took Taekwon do but I stopped once I got my black belt. I do want to go back...keep you healthy and it is fun

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Troyota said:
I was a huge Street Fighter II fan...and got into Mortal Kombat. After that, fighting games became too complicated for me. As far as real life self-defense is concerned...I'd be all about it. Even at mid-late twenties, I'd jump into a class. Just for fun and health.
I love SF. i play sf3 everyday. even 2 sometiems. and mortal kombat hahah. Man i shal lchallenge oyu one day to a sf battle.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I have a black belt in americanized karate, and all I really got out of it was power delivery. I use the power delivery of karate, holds of JJ, devastating kicks knees and elbows of muythai, and the balance + evasiveness of drunken boxing in fights.

FTW.

It's never too late to start. Just train a little before hand to get in shape...lots of cardio and tons of stretching. Butterfly stretches help a lot.

Not saying you have to be skinny or anything. I mean I am a BIG guy...but I can still kick people in the head no problem. :D

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Parkor is all I have to say, thats if your doing this thing to get in shape, cause it will.
that or walk around with a desert eagle, just flash that mofo Im pretty sure your average thug is gonna run like a little bitch that just got a wedgy.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
It's never too late to start training in martial arts. My dad began training in kung fu (ok dont make fun) in his early twenties and became QUITE amazingly skilled at it...