new supra owner

SupraPowered

Oct 6, 2008
Richmond
Hey everyone, I'm Sean and I live in Richmond, Virginia. I recently bought an 89, and have since basically become obsessed with the car. I'm still somewhat new to working on cars, but hope to learn. The previous owner told me to check out this site, and from what little I've seen, seems like a great community and a mass of knowledge.

The car is in sound condition mechanically, but does have some appearance flaws. Some of the interior is in rough condition, but shouldn't be too much of a pain to fix. However, the car has a replacement drivers-side door that's in horrible condition, but that just gives me something to do. A new motor was put in approx. 12k miles ago, and the trans rebuilt not long before that. Its still just a 7mge, but I can't wait to swap out for a 2jz (if only I had the cash). Last week the check engine light came on with code 25- lean a/f. Hopefully I'll get that taken care of next weekend, as well as getting a new paint job before rust sets in. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Looking forward to talking with you guys. The Supra is such an amazing car and this is an amazing site!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
welcome to SM. you definately came to the right place for a great community and knowledge. yeah when you get a chance i would love to see some pics of the car. Im NA as well but im going to do an NA-T conversion to mine. going 2JZ is just sooo expensive. Have some 7M love lol. depending on the HP range you want it may be cheaper staying 7M.

once again welcome to SM

AutOtaku

Fanatic_
Sep 5, 2007
Hilliard
im also a new supra owner, :S but the more i learn about the car, the more into it i am xD welcome to the forums

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
SupraPowered;1192072 said:
The Supra is such an amazing car and this is an amazing site!

I can't agree with you more on this! hahaah

Whatever you decide to do with the car (I do suggest the 7M :icon_bigg), I wish you the best of luck. Welcome to the Mania.