new supra owner-please help

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello everyone..i am new here and i just got a new toyota supra turbo 90...i just have a few questions...i just got a new cluthc now when i release my clutch on first gear the car shakes like the engine is going to die but even if you put more gas on it it is still the same....and when i go to high speed and press on the gas the car losses power and then power comes back after a second.Anyone>help?and my oil pressure gauge is not working..the niddle is not moving. it is on the upper portion not on zero...Thank you..

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
check your codes, you may be having a throttle position sensor issue. But also if the clutch is high performance it may do that. Did you install a new flywheel or have yours resurfaced before you put it in?

Dell67

allimportendsupra
Nov 22, 2006
portland,or
right if the clutch system was assemble w/ anny part oily it will chater.if your fly wheel and preshure plate are used can do it,or stage two clutches grab better for chatter.is it getting worse? the gauge can be faulty just by removing it ,if its disasembled can be wrong.i had similar problems when i assembled my white face gauges.the hesitation sounds like a throtle input to comp prob.check your codes could be a # of poblems.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
Its a stock clutch. I got a new OEM clutch when i replaced my engine...the gauge was working before i got the engine too. They still used my old flywheel. The engine that i got was an automatic?can this affect the clutch?Is there any way that it is just a fuse for the gauge?if yes?how to do so..PLEASE..i already changed the sensors..still the same..

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
NO it is not a perfomance clutch.Oem..Old flywheel. It did not hesitate with the old clutch tho..YES>gauge does not move at all since i replaced the engine..
Supraboy89 said:
Is it a performance clutch. And for your gauge is it in that same position when the motor isnt running

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
noremacsupra said:
NO it is not a perfomance clutch.Oem..Old flywheel. It did not hesitate with the old clutch tho..YES>gauge does not move at all since i replaced the engine..
and i said in my post that if they reused the old flywheel and didnt resurface it then its going to chatter

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
The oil pressure gauge problem might be from the connector not being connected on the sending unit. The sending unit is on the passenger side of the block, near the front, just behind the water pump. Its a little, silver cylinder with a nipple on it for he connector and the connector has a black, rubber dust cover with a wire going through it for the connector.

Supraboy89

Oct 25, 2006
Hampton GA
the chatter prob wont go away if it does it will take a while. as for your gauge. check your sensor below your power steering resivor on the side of the block next to your oil filter it looks like a bell or should. if it dosent it is the one for the light not the gauge. you need to change it to the one for the gauge if it isnt bell shaped. when i got my JDM motor it came out of a automatic and i had to change the sensor.