New supra, new member

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So, I'm new...to the forums, to owning a Supra, and to having a turbo. Name's Jeremy, and I just picked up an 89 Targa turbo/5-speed MA70. The PO put a ridiculous widebody kit on it (my rear fender is 5.5 inches away from the stock rim/225 on a 2" spacer :yikes: ), and I'm living with the consequences...odd lighting wiring, missing trim/interior pieces, and horribly tubbed rear panels.

Seems like the body and chassis are the only things that really need love...tranny is smooth as butter, motor is a stock JDM 7mgte swap-in with 55k, chassis rolled over to 130k as I pulled into my driveway with it.

I'll have pictures and a build thread soon...it's going to be my weekend/show car. I want to make around 400 ft/lbs of torque, get the right rims for the body, paint it, and generally make it into the supercar that the body kit makes it look like...all with my own hands and tools. And yes, the body kit looks like absolute fail right now with the stock rims; you may laugh once. I will be getting a proper set of wheels, and I will not take off the kit; too much of the steel has been cut off or mangled in some way to even hope to get the stock body back on.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Well, got a handful of pics...where's my flame retardant suit, again?

43b56ed3-1717-5693.jpg

43b56ed3-175a-2622.jpg

43b56ed3-177f-5b5f.jpg

Time to go start a build thread...

-edit-

...and add a side shot:
43b56ed3-184b-3ec1.jpg