new shocks/used springs

curtismoff

Feb 27, 2007
jacksonville fl.
I just replaced both on my 90 . The front is a inch higher than the back,also the front springs are way more compressed than the rears.Is there any way I have the front springs on the back and vise-versa.I know the shocks are on right because of the tab on the lower body of the shock.:1zhelp:

RallySoob

Rally Man Sam
Nov 2, 2006
Oregon
From what I understand, you can't swap the fronts with the back springs because they have different 'loads' or weighted ratings. The back and the front of the car require different load# for a purpose. I bet if you switched them the ride height would get worse... and i know it would feel hairy behind the wheel.
-I suggest buying some H&R Springs or something simular. I think you can get a set for like 250 to 350 installed. The car would sit nice too, not to mention handle amazing compared to the 2 wornout decade old springs ya got now. Ya dig?
-handling is crucial

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
The steel of the front springs is thicker than the back ones, and they should look like they're compressed more. As far as the stance, the back of my car sits higher on Bilsteins and stock springs by at least an inch.