new project

neverknowsbest

Nov 26, 2006
BR
so im pretty new to supramania, not new to toyotas or supras allthough this is my first supra. i recently purchased a black 88 turbo targa automatic with tan cloth interrior and 87k original miles for 100 bucks. i couldent pass it up even tho im a little low on cash at the moment.

ive helped a buddy of mine on his mkIII build up. and so im not that new to the supras and have a little help locally. he said hed throw me an extra 5speed tranny and everything i need for the swap and help me with it so that part is going to be taken care of. only problems with the car are. it has no motor, previous owner overheated it badly and pulled it to fix, but never did. so it sat for a while. it has some old school black rims with the polished lip. they look kinda similar to the stock sawblades. and the interrior is nearly flawless.

so the only other problem i noticed is that the gas tank lid appears to be pushed in a little bit and wont open. (i havent messed with it a whole lot yet) and the tires are bad from dry rot. but other than that its great, they said that everythiing worked fine. and it even has... (as odd as i found it) a stock. or maybe not stock but really old school toyota radar detector, with the sensor mounted in the front grille... anyway im done rambling and ill post pics soon, as of now im just looking for a 7mgte. so if anyone can help then let me know. the closer to louisian the better!

thanks.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Because I hate opening new windows... :icon_razz
neverknowsbest said:
p478036_1.jpg

p478036_2.jpg

p478036_3.jpg

looks like a good start! Lower that thing and address the clearcoat issue and you're good to go.
Looks like a pre-89 targa automatic version of my car :D

::EDIT:: I've got all the brown/tan cloth interior you need. If you want anything in there, shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Last edited:

neverknowsbest

Nov 26, 2006
BR
anyone have information about those rims btw? id like to find out, because i forgot to mention, they have locking lugs, and i dont have the key for them : \

something im gonna need to do..