New phone!!

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
So I have had t mobile for the last 2 years. and the same pos razor. If I touch buttons too hard my phone shuts off. or if I bump it too hard it shuts off. I can only use speaker phone or I cant hear anything. and a full charge on the battery now only lasts 10 hours or less. SO! I just switched to Verizon ( it gets better service by far) and I got the LG Dare phone. At first ( Since Saturday) I loved it. All touch. digital keyboard and everything. By today its getting old. I cant figure out how to get ringtones on it. Its kinda hard to type on, I cant put songs on the mp3 player part of it unless I pay extra! ( damn the fine print) other than that its a cool phone. I tried bluetoothing songs to it and they transfered but they wont let me set them as ringtones. Which SUCKS. Anybody else have this phone??? I might just take it back and get the Samsung Sway

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i hate most of the phones because they put artificial restrictions on you in order to get you to pay more money.

ive got a jailbroken iphone. free apps, free ringtones, all the mp3s i want etc etc.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
well first apple tries to charge you for ring tones, but all you have to do is take your mp3, take an under 40 second sample from it, and convert it to .aac in itunes.

after that you just rename the extension to whatever it is to .m4r

free ring tone!

all the other stuff the info is out there.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
ERA;1261676 said:
I'm posting from my G1 as we speak! Battery life is pretty shitty and it gets creaky over time but despite all that, I love this mutha.

i might buy one over the summer just to play with but a few of my friends have them and i think the software has a looooong way to go. the hardware seems awesome though!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Verizon is annoying as hell. I have them and sell them at work and all the bullshit they put on the phones is aggravating as hell.

I'm switching to AT&T when my contract is up.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Woooosh:
91237147.png

vhcg21.png

Last edited:

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
I found out how to cheat the system haha. Guess I will keep it. Its alright. I just hate learning the new stuff everytime I get a new phone, and ERA I almost got that phone!how do you like it?

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I rock out a BB Pearl... and it suits the purpose for everything I want it to do... and I absolutely love having Verizon.

Nothing is ever a problem if you know how to work the phone that you have, and by work it I mean really use its every feature and get it to do what you want despite "locks" and all of that stuff...