New Owner - New Member - Stumped by Fuel cut and codes

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
I'll let you know as I still need to fix a bunch of little things before I go to crazy (o2 Sensor, Speedo, etc) I got the dash lights working again (former owner had terrible indiglo gauges that werent even wired in. But now after driving tonight my low beams don't work ( highs do) I Imagine I knocked the wire loose somewhere because it was working and now doesn't. In low beam the high beam signla is on but I have no lights until I flip to highbeam, I assume this could be because of a pulled wire somewhere that I didn't get to yet during cleanup.

I've never seen a car this muddled together in my life.

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
For Clunk in the rear, check your universal joint first, thats the sound they make when bad, if thats fine than diff...

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
So for a much needed update..... Apparently the lower section of my speedo cable was missing...... That's right.... completely gone! And the clunk it seems is a blown out carrier bearing.

In leiu of getting a one piece shaft I'm just going to get the bearing due to how much highway driving I do. Stalling issues it seems is due to a combination of a worn out O2 and a non-recirced BOV.... I might just deal with it for a while until I can replace the intake tube between the MAF and Turbo (large gash in it) and get a new boost controller so I can just do it all at once.

The fuel cut was indeed caused by the original boost controlled completely blowing apart... 14psi felt good and now I know I'll never be satisfied with the stock 6psi.

Supposedly this thing has ARP headstuds and an HKS headgasket.... thinking just putting it at 10-11psi and letting it alone?? Bodywise the thing is solid with only one tiny spot of surface rust so I don't want to go and blow up a decent Mk3 lol.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you didn't have 34, you didn't have fuel cut. A large gash between the airflow meter and the turbo is leaking metered air to atmosphere. The same as have a blow off valve in place of by pass valve, when the BOV is defective. It seems like you have multiple problems.

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
It threw a code 34 that night, right when the boost controller blew apart. No leaks as of right now, just goofy idle due to BOV being vented.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Turbo Habanero;1815716 said:
14psi on a stock ct feels good but 18+ psi on a 60-1 feels amazing

You should go with a full T4 upgrade. The exhaust housing supports much more upstairs, along with the manifold. 500 bhp set up correctly.