New owner from Scotland

stephen7m

Dec 13, 2006
Scotland U.K.
www.scotcruise.com
Howdy folks, just joined up so heres the obligatory hello post :icon_bigg

recently treated myself to a '89 turbo auto, and in true mk3 style it developed rod knock a few weeks back although the rebuild has started (with uprated internals of course) and all going well should be back on the road in time for next years season of madness at the 1/4 mile tracks up and down the country (U.K.)

gotta say i really love the mk3, amazing to drive for a car its age and weight, gets plenty of looks and goes like stink...when they are running anyway :biglaugh:

looking forward to makin some friends here and sharing my troubles (wouldnt be mk3 ownership otherwise lol) and helping others solve theirs.
cheers for reading,
Stephen

stephen7m

Dec 13, 2006
Scotland U.K.
www.scotcruise.com
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

mattjk- i had been taking pics as i was working on the car, only for my memory card to throw a wobbler and i lost all the photos i'd taken so it will prob be a "build-up" now lol and yes i do like guy ritchie movies, best 2 he's done have gotta be Snatch and Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels. class movies!!

quite glad i joined, was looking thru the links in supracentrals sig and read the one bout rebores. i had been planning on 0.040 oversize wiseco's but will instead go for 0.020's now, i never thought of it that way before but is blindingly obvious when you think bout it!!