New owner from PA

Just picked up my MK3 yesterday from NJ and had it towed back home. I haven't gotten to take much of a look at it just yet, but so far it looks promising after the head's done (surprise surprise).

It's an 87 hardtop turbo, auto with 140k on it. I'm told the engine was replaced in 04 due to bhg and the previous owner I got it from just stopped driving it due to blowing it again. Not sure what my plans are with it 100% just yet, but looking to fix the head and whatever else pops up that's wrong with the car and then make it a driver for starters. I have another partial 7mgte block sitting at home so I'm not positive what I want to do between the two just yet, maybe someone has some thoughts on that..

Anyways, heres just a few pictures for starters on its way back home :icon_bigg

p1568826_1.jpg

p1568826_2.jpg

p1568826_3.jpg

Got it home and got it started, sounded like it had a misfire among other things so changed the plugs out, replacing the Densos that were in it with Autolite Platinums (probably not the brightest move), sounds marginally better now but still lopes.. Probably going to make a thread to get some help here soon, I really want to figure out what's going on here and attack it while I have some time this summer..

Here's the old plugs that were pulled out of the car for reference.

p1570106_1.jpg

p1570106_2.jpg