New, obviously.

arashi

Aug 17, 2011
AL
Yo. So i traded one of my friends for his silver hardtop 88 turbo. JDM 7m powerplant R154 tranny. its pretty much stock internal wise that i know of. it has a 3" dump pipe back,cat delete. pretty much just a pipe from the dump pipe back to the exhaust . pretty big IC with 3" IC pipping. The car is is missing cosmetic pieces. side mouldings, radio bezel, glove box is taken off (missing the bottom support bar).

he bought the car when it had a new timing belt, water pump, alternator. the guy said it had a boost leak but was something else. the compression was good when he bought it. he put a new rack and pin, spark plugs and wires, he had to buy the air filter adapter.

well i got the car form him in a trade for my car so he can move states away. well when i got the car it was driving fine, then there was a over heating issue out of no where when i let my brother drive it one day. turns out it was a busted hose and guess what....a BHG...fml....well i don't have the time for it to sit cause its me dd so i took it to a shop and im having it taken care of. my friend said it probley blew on him and he didn't know, but he is paying half the charges and I'm paying the other half.

great way to begin the relationship with my supra lol.

anyways that's my intro, sorry it was long. i'll probley ask questions about it from time to time, and buy parts from people. (already bought a hg and new spark plugs from Eman14j) still shopping around for side mouldings and radio bezel.

ill post when i get the car back.

Edit: Sorry forgot about adding info about myself lol.

my name is Joe, i live in cullman alabama. i'm 22, 23 in jan. this is my 4th car. i like to think ill baby the car. but to be honest i don't think anyone can say they can baby this kind of car without giving it a run time to time lol.

Last edited:

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
If you mean the black thing that goes around the center area with the radio, climate control, ashtray....things like that. I have that surround. I am just north of you in Clarksville TN. Just west of Nashville.

Also IMO if you have not owned a Supra that has never had BHG at some time or another, then you truely don't own a 7M......lol. Good luck with that car and let me know how far you are from here. We are trying to get something going near the begining of Oct here....Possibly Hooters ( the restaurant... mind out of gutters guys ) and a trip to the local parking scene. Give me a call sometime if you need some help ( depending on how far you are ) 931-249-5018

arashi

Aug 17, 2011
AL
yeah the center area, my buddy was telling me about a guy in decatur, alabama that has alot of cars. i might check him out first. I live in Cullman AL.

lmao, yeah my friend told me about these engines issue is the bhg. but thanks for the invite and the help in advance.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Which body moldings do you need? Chances are I will have them as I just parted out a 88 turbo supra, and kept a lot to sell.