new motor with slight hesitation/lope

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
My old motor im guessing i valve dropped so im found a new motor. It is a JDM motor so i had swap wiring harnesses and some sensors cause they were differant. I even had swap over the egr system as the jdm motor was just blocked off. But i got the motor in and it started up and at first i had a fuel leak but i got that sorted out but i still have a problem with the idle or even just trying to drive. Its got a hesitation/ a slight lope almost at idle. it seem to shake a lot when cold. I looked all over for vacuum lines not connected or something. I seen some smopke coming from motor but that seems to be disapating as i run the motor guessing its just the degreaser that was put on it when i picked it up. But theres still some coming from the back of the motor but i really dont think its it. i dont have a timing light to check timing and i changed the spark plugs any thoughts on what to check or anything. Also anyone think it would be ok to drive it for now cause 2 of our cars are down with this one so we are at 1 car? dont know if you can tell in the video but here. need to get running quick.

[video=youtube;-ShiOh7_2u4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShiOh7_2u4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I would check to make sure you are getting spark for all 6 cylinders, because that's what it sounds like.
And -you are able to swap motors, but don't own a $20 timing light??

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
ran that test didnt fond any codes just kept blinking quickly. But i dont see anything about spark or timing on there so is this the culprit you think?

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
well i checked timing it was off maybe 2 hairs but good now seemed to help a little and then i ran sea foam in oil, gas tank, and vacuum lines. definatly cleared it up and the idle sound better but trying to go its still there when i get to a constant crusing speed its fine but when i punch it it sputters and when it gets under boost i hear like a spitting sound witch makes me think it vacuum leak and its coming out under boost but im having no luck at all searching for it. i sprayed some throttle body cleaner to try and find the leak but still no signs of high idle when doing so. still gotta check spark but also wondering does a plugged cat do this. I still have the first one but the 2nd one my exhuast replaced. PLEASE HELP

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
Ok all is fixed. When i got home from work I wanted to check the spark but while i was doing that i figured why not checked the fuel inhector wires also. All looked good at first glace but then i caught i glimpse of the purpatrator. The #1 cylinder injector wire was not connected right. The clip was seated fully on the injector but the wires came out of the clip. I couldnt just get them to reseat so i got the wiring harness from the other motor and I spliced them back together with the good clip and pluged it in. Then sense it was already apart I figured i would look at the spark plugs. All plugs were fine excep for the #1 plug go figure, it was very BLAAAAACK (courtesy of MCM). So i put it all back together after cleaning the plug up and started her up and wala. She runs and is very responsive. After driving a rod knocking motor and not driving a good one all i can say is wow. much better. So now that i know for sure that the wire was the problem I just need to solder and shrink wrap the connection and she done and ready to go.