New motor mounts

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Well i think my 91 has finally worn out its passenger side stock motor mount because i get horrible engine flex and an obnoxious rattle at certain rpms or throttle %. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or influence on going with semi solid poly mounts, to just stick with the stock, or if there is a stock upgrade. Are vibrations and noise that noticeable?

Few info on car, rps 6-puck, 63mm precision turbo, 16psi, ~375 to wheels, it gets really really hot under the hood as well!
I would like something to hold the power and heat but wont totally make my car shake like i got 15 subs bumpin. Any info appreciated!

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
hvyman;1914577 said:
Get mk4 mounts. Stronger and oem durability.

If im correct the ones that fit 89+ are the 98TT oem mounts, just need to to saw off one small pin so they seat correctly?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes the mk4 mounts will work if you cut off the locating pins. We do make full solid mounts for the 89+ cars, but they will definatly increase the NVH (vibrations), but you wont get any engine flex when combined with our poly trans spacer. We were looking into possibly making some poly 89+ mounts but decided against it.