New info on a new SUPRA.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I think if they did bring back a high-end sports car, it would be silly of them not to use the Supra name because of it's legacy and sheer brand appeal; and as long as it had more HP than the Mk4, then they could probably get away with it, regardless of turbos or NA.

They stopped making the Mk4 because of low sales/profit so they would likely have to skimp on costs with the new model by going high-compression N/A. Even if they created a kick-ass new Supra just to beat out the competitors and make little or no profit, it could elevate the Toyota brand name appeal accross the board to legendary status in the worldwide market - best quality & reliability passenger cars, best performing mid-high priced sports car.

I'd say a new Supra is quite possible!

SupraSpeed

Apr 1, 2005
Denton
my guess is that if toyota makes a new sports car, i don't think they are gonna label it as a toyota for the states, i think it'll be labeled a lexus.

Supra_brothers

Super Lurker
Oct 18, 2005
TX
idk i'll believe it when i see it they really need to get back into the sports cars again but i'm not holding my breath

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
SupraSpeed said:
my guess is that if toyota makes a new sports car, i don't think they are gonna label it as a toyota for the states, i think it'll be labeled a lexus.

I feel that way too, Im personally sick of all these doubled names for cars, its BS. I mean they only do it bc the american public wont buy a high end car if it shares a brand name with a $10k car. Assholes.

SupraB

Need 4 speed mods!
Jul 24, 2006
Spokane WA
bryanintexas said:
I agree w/ "Ideal", I doubt there will be another "Supra". If there is another Toyota "super car" so to speak, it will probably be released under the Lexus line because it will be so damn expensive. Although, yesterday @ work I noticed we had a Land Cruiser on the lot w/ a $70k sticker price.

Do you work in sales at a Toyota dealership? IF so you might be familiar with a man named KC Nix, he's Toyotas sales trainer, and he says there will be another Supra, of course he wouldn't give details but he's not full of BS.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
eh,

i think if they'll make a new one it'll gay, because if you ever get asked what you drive you'll be like supra, and they'll be like Oo shit you got a new one, and you'll say no and they' ask what year and be lblakdslasjk1kjhkjhskajhjkasdsf

you know they havent made a new supra since 98, kinda rising from the dead

hopefully its labeled as a new Lexus IS or something

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Its not speculation, there WILL be a new supra in 2008. From what I was told it will share the V6 found in the IS350 with about 20-30 more hp and be in the 350Z price range. It has nothing to do with the LF-A.

Duds

King Awesomo
Jun 24, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Superjustin13 said:
eh,

i think if they'll make a new one it'll gay, because if you ever get asked what you drive you'll be like supra, and they'll be like Oo shit you got a new one, and you'll say no and they' ask what year and be lblakdslasjk1kjhkjhskajhjkasdsf

you know they havent made a new supra since 98, kinda rising from the dead

hopefully its labeled as a new Lexus IS or something

it's already like that, everyone thinks you have a a80 when you say you drive a supra. And dirgle is right it was 2002.

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
well if they put a V in that car than its pointless............i went to the new LS's premier show and id rather go buy the new lexus LS that comes out mid year next year, it will be lexus's most fastest car and its a hybrid. but it still weighs 4200 pounds and the luxry in those cars are rediculous.