New here Tuner.87

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
Well thought i would introduce myself. My real name is James, I from Northern Michigan but I Joined the Navy at 21. im now 24 still in the Navy but im currently In Virginia. I purchased My supra maybe a month ago. I had previously owned a 2004 Kia Rio. Yes a KIA. But It wasnt a ordinary one. I had a body kit molded to it. All performance parts i had to make my self or get machined. It a had a T25 Garrett turbo charger with all intercooler and manifold lines made by me. It was boosting 6psi, It also had 375 camshafts, 17" Rims, intrax lowering springs, buddyclub body kit, tinted tails and headlights, tinted windows, strut bars, and lots of other goodies to many to list. It ran about a 14.9 to a 15.1 on average in the quarter with only around 155 to the wheels. The car didnt weight anything. But yes it was a kia but i got lots of guys mostly honda and a couple of stock mustang guys claim they never raced me and would just bag on it even though everyone st the track seen them get beat. It was fun and differant. I also currently own a New 2011 Nissan Juke 1.6 Liter turbo charged, and a 1976 MG Midget that i bought for my wife.

Anyway its a 1987 Mk3 Supra targa All stock. Turbo and 71000 miles got it for $1400. When i picked it up i had to change the exhaust manifild gasket cause it was blown and the idle was erractic. zchanged the manifold and found out the reason it was blown was because 3 of the mani bolts were striped in the head I got that all fixed. Then i found a ICV for 40 bucks and chaged that out after trying to clean the old one and now it works great. I think the carrier bearing needs replaced but still seems peppy. having trouble locating one for a good price. Also the front and rear bumpers need repainted but im gonna change the color any way to either white or gunmetal grey. I also need to replace the targa seals. It came with new trim from around the car and I also need to replace the shift boot, ebrake cover, armrest cover, and some window seals are a little dry rotted. The car definatly sat for awhile cause there were bee hives in the doors and the engine bay is real nasty. Its black instead of red. Im only the second owner so ill get it back to shape. Oh yes i also need new fog light bezels and a rear wiper motor.

1314823564812.jpg1311460570615.jpg1311460618098.jpg1311460632237.jpg

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
yes i agree it looks as if they tried to sand the bumpers for some reason. The guy was kinda wealthy that owned it and had a brand new corvette and like 20 other cars that look very pricy so problems came im guessing he just let it sit

rbt chkn

Aug 23, 2011
chicago, il
Welcome from one new member to another. In reference to the one peice DS, i would have to say from prior experience with s12s and other nissans, they're less problematic and require alot less maintinance, in addition to being lighter if done right. Goodluck with the project from a prior shipmate EN2 (sw) U.S.S. Avenger (MCM1).