New Here. Just sayin Hi!

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Hey all. My name is Jeremy a.k.a boostcraver. Soon to be reppin' the Louisville, Ky area in my '91 turbo targa. The car has leather and auto transmission. The best part is the engine, a built 7m including ross forged pistons and all new toyota rods, bearings and valvetrain. I also got ARP everything and an Hks 1.2 headgasket. The turbo is an upgraded ct w/ a 60-1 turbine wheel. Glad to find a place to go to for any questions I may have and to answer any that I might be able.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Pics are coming soon and thanks for the welcome everyone! Spent most of yesterday gettin' my radiator set in the car and tightened down, no.1 and no.2 fuel lines routed, dropped the exhaust out of the car for easier access to the driveshaft, remounted the trans. crossmember ( required cutting in the floor board for access to the extremely rusted bolts. They were frozen and broke the welded nuts inside the tunnel loose. See pics.) removed the upper intake mani. for access to remount the starter. Can anyone tell me how to upload pics on here?

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Welcome to the Mania. Sounds like you're already getting to know that Supra intimately! As much as I am loving my 1JZ, I have great respect for those who successfully build a 7M. (I paid a crapton of money to have a pro build my 7M-GTE back in the last millennium, and it still blew up)

Del-88

Crazy!!!
Dec 21, 2009
Savannah, GA
boostcraver;1534213 said:
Pics are coming soon and thanks for the welcome everyone! Spent most of yesterday gettin' my radiator set in the car and tightened down, no.1 and no.2 fuel lines routed, dropped the exhaust out of the car for easier access to the driveshaft, remounted the trans. crossmember ( required cutting in the floor board for access to the extremely rusted bolts. They were frozen and broke the welded nuts inside the tunnel loose. See pics.) removed the upper intake mani. for access to remount the starter. Can anyone tell me how to upload pics on here?[/QUOTE]

Go to the advance reply, have option to upload pics there.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Here is a way to post pics:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...son-1-(How-to-make-clickable-thumbnails-on-SM)

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Del-88;1534776 said:
boostcraver;1534213 said:
Pics are coming soon and thanks for the welcome everyone! Spent most of yesterday gettin' my radiator set in the car and tightened down, no.1 and no.2 fuel lines routed, dropped the exhaust out of the car for easier access to the driveshaft, remounted the trans. crossmember ( required cutting in the floor board for access to the extremely rusted bolts. They were frozen and broke the welded nuts inside the tunnel loose. See pics.) removed the upper intake mani. for access to remount the starter. Can anyone tell me how to upload pics on here?[/QUOTE]

Go to the advance reply, have option to upload pics there.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Here is a way to post pics:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...son-1-(How-to-make-clickable-thumbnails-on-SM)

Thanks for the info. I did figure oput how to make an album, but here's a teaser!

Attachments

• DSC00315..jpg
    DSC00315..jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 10

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Dingoboy;1534732 said:
Welcome to the Mania. Sounds like you're already getting to know that Supra intimately! As much as I am loving my 1JZ, I have great respect for those who successfully build a 7M. (I paid a crapton of money to have a pro build my 7M-GTE back in the last millennium, and it still blew up)

Sorry about your 7m loss :-( The previous owner built the motor. I just inherited it with the purchase. Hopefully everything was not machined outside of the factory specs. I have to get a feeler guage and check the tolerances before I crank it. Keeping my fingers crossed!

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
mkiiichip;1534880 said:
what the hell, your hood stays up with only one strut installed? BAH!

Welcome.
If you very careful attention to the pic, you will notice the strut is only connected at the hood. It's only propped on the anti-lock pump! I lost the mounting bolt for the struts and got to get new ones. Thanks for the welcome!