New here and here is my build

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
Original pics were not up anymore. So heres current ones. I will be posting more in the thread.

IMAG0970.jpg
IMAG0996.jpg

Last edited:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
looks great but i would recommend 2 things...using a pipe for the filter for a bit of cooler air and 2...resizing your pics...hehe

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
yeah i just pulled those pics. The filter was just on there to keep stuff out the turbo. I will post new pics from this week. I built a 4" intake pipe that goes to the passenger foglight hole.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
What type of metering system are you using to get rid of the AFM? BTW, that's the exact same filter I've got on mine, you're the only other person I've seen using that ;).

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
Update on the car. Here is a few pics. Car has been enjoyed for a few years now. However big new round of upgrades right now.

npgsupra1.jpg 359011775749.jpeg 359014237189.jpeg 359013841157.jpeg

Mods: NPG MKIII 67mm turbo kit,NPG stainless cat back, NPG front mount intercooler, tial 44mm watsegate, 50mm blow off valve, 550cc injectors, 255lph high pressure intank pump, bosch 044 inline pump, aeromotive fuel regulator, dual feed fuel rail, custom 6 puck feramic clutch from southbend clutches, short throw shifter, tein flex coil over suspension, nitto tires and drag radials , ebc brake pads, brembo front and rear rotors, forged rods, JE 9.25:1 pistons, swain coated pistons, bearings, and combustion chambers ,cnc ported cylinder head, 1mm oversize ferrea undercut valves, comp cams valve springs, custom built titanium retainers, custom grind camshafts, oil system modified, hks cylinder head gasket, arp head studs, arp main and rod bolts, carbon fiber timing cover, carbon fiber wiper cowl , carbon fiber door sills, NX anti lag nitrous system, devils own water injection

Mods being done right now.
Tubular suspension
Megasquirt
larger injectors
new clutch and flywheel. wanna to go auto instead
larger oil cooler
u-joints
solid main subframe bushings
complete poly bushing set
offset front upper control arm bushings
COP

Attachments

• 359014683397.jpeg
    359014683397.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 34

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
I have wanted to go auto for a long time but enjoy trips in the car too much. Well if I have to lose over drive I dont care any more. I have other cars for trips. Problem is does any one make a GM trans adapter that uses the GM convertor still? I have a TH350 and a 700R4 fully built sitting here. I have searched and sent a few pm's with no luck on the issue. I have a march 11 race I wanna make.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Man, I am absolutely loving that turbo setup! This is probably a silly question, but what's the reasoning behind this kind of turbo setup? Power wise that is. And what kind of numbers are you pushing? Any videos of the car? I'd like to hear this beast. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it inefficient to have the intake piping so close to the exhaust like that?

Again, sick setup.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
joeytvr;1804240 said:
I have wanted to go auto for a long time but enjoy trips in the car too much. Well if I have to lose over drive I dont care any more. I have other cars for trips. Problem is does any one make a GM trans adapter that uses the GM convertor still? I have a TH350 and a 700R4 fully built sitting here. I have searched and sent a few pm's with no luck on the issue. I have a march 11 race I wanna make.

Fast drag cars are trailered. That is why things like "True Street" have popped up. Driving it 30 miles on a dedicated drag car is rough. Just some food for thought. Nosechunks was thinking of 700R4 and a later a AOD (tall geared Ford). You might ask him what he found looking into it.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Why did you decide on a turbo setup like that? :S
Stock setup has one bend in the pressure pipes near heat and you have added two more plus more exhaust pipes in the engine bay.

Each bend in a pipe results in turbulence = lower speed of air = it's easier for the air to pick up heat.

On a regular extractor manifold you get almost parallel pipes before the flange to direct the exhausts to aid in spinning the turbine, but here you've added
an extra pipe with bends and one is directly at the entrance to the turbine.

What were you thinking?