New guy from Northern Illinois

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Sup everyone on supramania.
My name is Ryan and I just joined supranamia today
I have found this web site a few weeks ago but now I am glad that I joined because I currently have two 1987 toyota supras. One is non turbo(which is a light brown on top and a dark brown on the bottom w/brown interior) and the other one it turbo(which I am rebuilding over the winter and the color is burgundy w/gray interior) and I know alot about these cars so I look forward to helping people with their problems or questions and also hearing what other people have to say about their supras, who knows I might even run into a problem on rebuilding my Toyota Supra turbo. Im also located North of chicago and close to the Wisconsin state line and I will get some pictures of my supras soon. Hope to talk to all of you soon.

Last edited:

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
sm_photo_missing.jpg

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Thanks again to the new welcome posts. Yes ForcedTorque plaaya96 is my ebay name and also your ebay name(sludt5thesupraguy) sounds very familiar to me also. I think that I might have had done business with you early in October but its nice to know that there are ebay members here on supramania. And about the pictures pimptrizkit I will be posting them up soon. I will probably first be putting up some of my 87 nonturbo supra because I have been taking appart my turbo supra so I can rebuild it, but I will post up some pictures of both very soon. Thanks again to all for the welcome.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
do they work at all? want to sell me one for cheap :p I'm on the navy base and I could use a supra :) or you know any local internet listings?

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
whats up im in dekalb for school right now, but I live near midway airport when at home. Ill have to check out your cars sometime

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
EvoLuTioN said:
do they work at all? want to sell me one for cheap :p I'm on the navy base and I could use a supra :) or you know any local internet listings?
EvoLuTioN are you in the North Chicago Navy base? If so I know one guy that has a white 89 toyota supra turbo w/76,xxx miles for sale but he mostly wants to trade for a small pickup truck.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
oh serious? hell yeah, I could use a supra up here, even though we cant put it on base, it'll be great when i'm done with my school and just toss it at SP and have them work on it and then drive it home :)

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
robbo185 said:
whats up im in dekalb for school right now, but I live near midway airport when at home. Ill have to check out your cars sometime
Thats not a problem robbo185, you can check out my supras anytime, even though I see you are busy right now with school.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
EvoLuTioN said:
oh serious? hell yeah, I could use a supra up here, even though we cant put it on base, it'll be great when i'm done with my school and just toss it at SP and have them work on it and then drive it home :)
That sucks that you cant have the supra at the base but about the supra for sale, the owner is not in a hurry to sell it because the last time I talked to him was about 3 weeks ago and it's not like he has a for sale sign on it but he probably does want to get rid of it soon.

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
EvoLuTioN said:
oohh what is it? pre 89 or 89+ turbo or NA? and how much
The Supra for he has for sale is a white/1989(89-92 style) Turbo/automatic w/gray interior w/76,xxxmiles. If he does not get a trade for a truck, he told me a little under $3000 but the motor runs and sounds great but the interior could use some work and the exterior looks mint except the driverside door handle came off and he has something on it to hold it on(looks like some sort of sealer on it) but overall the car looks nice. LMK if intrested.

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Damn 2 new guys from Illinois. I got confused for a min cause i thought it was the same thread. Anyways im in Dixon and maybe next spring ill get to see some of your supra's.

Last edited: