new fog light rewire for hid fogs and heads

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I picked up an hid kit for my headlights (eBay $75) and after I installed it my fogs didnt work anymore. Then I bought another hid kit for my fog lights (eBay $22.99!!! no lenses) So I tried the SOGI fog light rewire first today... No dice. So I decided to inspect the switch... it is a simple four prong switch. The two wire at the top are for illumination and the bottom two are the contacts. Checked out okay. Then I said what the hell, why not rewire the whole thing. I removed the cruise control switch a while ago in favor of another coin holder so the plug was still there. With the ignition on, there is power on one wire. I cut that wire and cut the two bottom wires on the fog switch and sliced the hot wire to one of those wires. Then I ran a wire to the front of the car to a automotive relay (almost everywhere sells these for about $1.50) I tb a wire from the battery to the relay and... you know what, if you can't wire a basic relay, Google it! LOL... then I put the bulbs in... they bumped the light shield inside the lens so I just pushed it in with a screwdriver a little, mounted the ballasts and plugged it in... I turned the ignition on and flipped the switch... REDEMPTION!!!!

I don't know if the SOGI mod does or doesn't work with HID's... all I know is it didn't work for mine and with temperatures around 100, I just did what I had to do to get it done. Sure I could have troubleshot my wiring and maybe found the issue but this works better and I can turn my fog lights on all by themselves.. will take a picture and upload it tomorrow night or so..

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I double checked that... all the wiring was color coded correctly and my wiring was perfect... I am an electrical engineer... I can only think that because my hid kit only had the low beam and that the fogs need to have all connections made... dunno...

91whitepack

May 23, 2012
slidell, louisiana
mine work fine with the SOGI mod also. i put H1 bulbs so i had to do a little mods to make them fit but the were not to far off. works great. Glad to see you got it figured out though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Next thread by the OP?

"Help, I got sideswiped by somebody that I blinded with my awesome headlights, how do I fix this?" :p