New Exhaust.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Spent the past day in Roanoke at a friend's garage letting him practice his new TIG skills on my 935Motorsports DIY exhaust kit. :naughty:

Stats:
3" stainless catback
Magnaflow 14221 (3" inlet, dual 2.5" out)
mated to Cool-eeze DP and Test pipe

This vid was my 'victory lap' right as I was leaving. Don't mind the oil smoke......'tis a 7m, afterall.

The vid just does not do the sound justice.....it's a demon at WOT. Silly S14 with an SR20DET just ran away with his tail between his legs on the way home when I went past him at 15psi.

http://smvideos.suprapics.com/index.php?fileid=528a9b7e1d3c43a07fd631c4457ed17b

EDIT: Notice in the first picture our attempt to call it quits early by just putting a tip on the open pipe....it was late and we were tired. lol. The other pics are of my newly discovered bent traction arm (New A1's on the way), what it looks like from behind and underneath, and of course Mike (MWebber) at work. Thanks bud!

Last edited:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Looking good dude! Looks to me like somebody had an awesome day. Working on the supra, good weather, wicked exhaust. Enjoy it! BTW your car is very clean, I want it.
eric

EDIT:
god that sounds sick! Your vid is nice, but although some smoke might not be a worry, perhaps your turbo is not running top shape cuz that's a lot of smoke :p

mwebber

Apr 12, 2005
Boston MA
Hey Chris,

Sounds great, you are right... that vid is about half on the impressive scale as being there in person. Glad to have you up and get that exhaust on you've been wanting on for a long time.

Mike

P.S. That pic of me sucks, looks like I'm doing some funky oompa loompa dance. :D

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Smoke....I have no clue. It just started doing that recently. It does it after the car sits for a while (days/weeks usually), and it goes away after about a minute of driving.

Mike......pics are workin for me, bud.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Valve stem seals, my good boy.
You have wanted that exhaust for a long time... what the hells wrong with ya?
At least it's done now, and it looks great!
Sounds good on the vid too.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
GAH - thats the damn problem, Kurt.....those seals were new from toyota and installed by the machine shop a year ago!

feck.........

yeah now the exhaust is done, i can think about tuning and seeing what this 7m can do

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
New Toyota valve stem seals? Toyota seals are Viton, not rubber, and should last quite some time... How long since they were installed? Something seems odd here, Chris...

Good to see the TrashMaster exhaust is gone ;)

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
yeah, the gaymaster has been passed on to Lanky for his NA DD, lol.

Like I said, the stem seals were put on the head when i had it resurfaced and 3 angled a lil over a year ago.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
chris you and i have the same exhaust except i have a cat and didnt get SS piping. and yeah, sounds totally different in person. and looks like you guys did alot better of a job welding than the place i took mine to(i cant weld). you'll see what i mean at the meet.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
it's not chromed, it's polished stainless.

I used some Gibson tips, but we hacked them up to get the look I wanted. (tips not pictured here)

Last edited: