New daily driver..???

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
OK This may be a new daily driver. My father wants to play with building a "GREASECAR" or "VEGI-CAR" So he bought a 1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo Diesel.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is the "KIT" that he wants to install...
http://www.greasecar.com/kit_detail.cfm?prodID=23

and we have a friend that has a resturant and is willing to give us all his waste oil.. then we have a system to filter it before it goes into the car.. Its a little crazy but he is paying so I will be the test driver.. haha..

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
LOL bad ass...there is a guy over here with the exact same car that has been converted... Too much work for me though... And just so you know in most states its illegal to burn waist grease in cars....dont get cought.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
One of my friends has a mercedes that is a grease car. And he does the same thing he gets a couple restaurants wasted oil to run his car. Pretty amazing thing and he saves so much on gas its rediculous especailly being in socal!

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Well it looks like it was a great deal. so far the only thing it needed was to charge the A/C and I had bought a tank of freon for my supra a while back so the A/C is now back to ICE COLD. most of the front end had just been replaced before we bought it. Got it to about 70mph. and it was smooth. Even the interior was good. the only thing it needs is the driver side armrest needs to be re-covered. and the back windows do not work.

all in all its a nice deal. and it will save a ton of cash on gas. it will be a good car to go to work with.

More pics will be soon... here is the kit we are getting

http://www.greasecar.com/kit_detail.cfm?prodID=23

IRACEMYCOPCAR

HOLSET MAFIA HX52
Jan 27, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA
SWEET!! i have been looking around for a daily beater lately and one of those old diesel benz's is top of the list, ive seen several 300-500k mile cars they are almost indestructable the best part is they are fully loaded and get 35mpg, the only problem is that they are not super cheap because people are buying them up to do exactly what you are doing, i gotta admit ill probably do it too, everyone behind me will be craving fries LOL!!! Damn you even got the pimptastic wool seat covers im jelous!

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
UPDATE - Well all is good with it. We are about to replace the alternator, thats the only thing that died on us. The A/C is colder then my Supra :( and at 70mph its a smooth ride. It needs a little cleaning and some window tint, once that is done its going to start saving us some gas money. I am also thinking about installing a CAR-PC just for fun.. getting a 10in monitor to fit in there will be fun.. should make the movies look good .