New Coilovers!! HELP!!!

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have the Megan ez streets on my 89 targa and they seem okay for the price. Good adjustability and smooth on the highway, a little rough at low speeds but I think that's caused by a few other issues I have going on rather than the coilovers

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Eliasj11

Apr 3, 2012
Nor Cal
i was thinking about megan coilovers but now the powered by max coilovers look dope i like what im hearing about them.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
dont get the cx racing ones.

you can get megan, stance, bc, powered by max, fortune auto.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
BC are the same as stance I heard, and I've heard nothing but good things about stance and BC's..

From what I understand

BC/Stance/HSD - Taiwan little better quality generally vs general Chinese most are happy with them seem to have all the features like height adjustment, rebound adjust and preload adjust.
Megan/CX Racing/D2 - Chinese lowest of quality in terms of coilovers but still do OK... Most people are happy with them with the odd failure but not many are excited about them
Tien/HKS/JIC/Cusco/Ohlin - Good brand names most are happy but these are aging coil overs generally now. (still work very well though) Generally tien's were the lowest of the bunch here, but I've heard hit and miss about Tiens. I've personally been in a car with Tien SS's and I though it was a very nice ride. However, they lack any of the features of cheaper sets like height adjustment (biggest selling point for me)

So I split the difference and spent a little more and BC's are on the way to me from Titan right now as we speak.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
supraguy@aol;1982704 said:
A semi-decent budget coilover would be Megan EZ street for about $700.
I'm sorry but i must disagree. I wouldn't want to put megan coil overs on my car to roll it across the garage.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
thats your preference.

But in fact megan does have some decent coil overs. Are they kw no but they do hold up and there a lot of people happy with them.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
atmperformance;1983688 said:
I'm sorry but i must disagree. I wouldn't want to put megan coil overs on my car to roll it across the garage.

What is wrong with them?
And are you talking about Meghan in general or specifically one of their coil overs (ez Street vs Street vs track)

Just wondering because you are the first person I've heard that despises them

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
jdmfreak;1983718 said:
What is wrong with them?
And are you talking about Meghan in general or specifically one of their coil overs (ez Street vs Street vs track)

Just wondering because you are the first person I've heard that despises them
I've seen valves wear out faster than i would consider normal. Getting a rebuilt was a pain in my ass but that was years ago. I bought a used set of Tein HA's for my mkiv the same week a co worker picked up a set of new megans for his s13. he would poke fun of me for my right rear squeaking occasionally but 8 months later he already had a blown shock and 2 squeakers where mine seemed to have stooped making noise. now this is not the most fair comparison but i saw my share of these coilovers most S chassis cars and they were always the most dilapidated. they seem to be good when you first put them on but just don't last long. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks to get something that will last.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Buddy of mine bought brand new megan ez streets. Rides much better and so far he loves em.

I personally run hks hipermaxes and I love em. No complaints here.

If I were looking for used I'd try to get some tiens.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
I had Cxracing 14 and 10kg on my mk3 and they were great even on the track EXCEPT the front was too low, even at max height the front was completely slammed.

Eliasj11

Apr 3, 2012
Nor Cal
yea i just did a little researched and scratched out megan coil overs one thing that im looking for in the coil overs is to be able to go low in the front and the rear thats what im looking for, powered my max i heard were one of the few that let the back go lower then most or other coilovers from what ive heard imma look into stance ive been hearing good reviews on those.