new ceramic coated parts, take a look (pics inside!!)

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Just got my stuff back from getting ceramic coated. Paid $140 for it all, and I think i got a real good deal. I'm a moron and accidentally already scratched the dp, and manifold a little bit, oh well. The reason it can't be scratched is because the place that did it only has a 550 degree oven, but the black needs to be baked at 700 to fully cure. One good heat cycle will take care of that. enough of the babble, check it out.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm really happy with how the finished product looks. The end results will have to wait until I run the car hard. I've heard really great things about how cool these coatings keep your engine bay. Either way it looks trick!
Here you can see the intercooler pipe that I had coated in Cerma-chrome. The left side hasn't been polished, and the right side has. It finishes in that powdery silver color, and then you take off the top coating with steel wool. I would rather have it the dull color, but the top stuff kinda flakes off.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Justin727 said:
ebay special, All looks good man glad to see you got it done!

ACTUALLY, this manifold is a greddy, it is the manifold that all the ebay manifolds are copied after. you should look at the welds, and the inside of mine compared to the ebays. In the second photo you can see the wastegate flange, and right on it, it says greddy.

thanks for all the comments guys, I'll follow up with how it works.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
bmoss85 said:
looks nice, where did you get that manifold?

I bought it off this forums quite a while ago. Last january to be exact. I saw it and picked it up within one day of being posted. It's hard to find quality manifolds anymore, but I believe there is an rps on here for sale. RPS is just as good or better than mine. I believe the rps is true equal length.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Justin727 said:
good choice on the manifold color! Do you have a turbo blanket as well?

no, not enough money, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! (unless you're foreign, then its just another day)