New camera! Couple snaps

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
So I just got a new camera last week and just got a new lens yesterday and just so happen to have gone to the Brumos 250 last here. So here are some shots! And some other random ones

Brumos:
(These shots didn't come out too well after the resize, the fullsize ones look a lot better and I apparently could've zoomed farther last night but didn't figure that out until today. I'm going to the Pepsi 400 tomorrow night so hopefully I'll have some better pictures)

Brumos_137a.bmp

Brumos_264a.bmp

Brumos_397a.bmp

Brumos_416a.bmp

And the random shots:

rebel_014a.bmp

rebel_020a.bmp

rebel_041a.bmp

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
What track is that?

I recently got a Canon S2 IS, and today I'm going to go to the ALMS race to try out some new setting to try to get high speed shots a little more clear.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I just love the front end curves of the supra. I catch myself turning around to look when I walk away. It looks even better down low like that too.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
mkIIIman089 said:
What track is that?

I recently got a Canon S2 IS, and today I'm going to go to the ALMS race to try out some new setting to try to get high speed shots a little more clear.

Daytona International Speedway

Yeah I was trying to track the cars as they came out of the last turn, but this douche bag and his girlfriend sat right in the way of the line I was following, and everytime I went to snap a shot, his or her head got in the way.

I think for the Pepsi 400 tonight I'm just gonna stand down by the track and take some shots

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
iwannadie said:
I just love the front end curves of the supra. I catch myself turning around to look when I walk away. It looks even better down low like that too.

Yeah, they are sexy as hell, haha. I was actually taking pictures of my Mom's flowers for her and the sun was glaring off my car and it caught my attention and I ended up shooting more pictures of it than the flowers, heh

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
nice, but you probably could of done better close ups of those flowers.
i got a sony T1. i guess you can say its kind of old by now, but it take phenomenal close ups when you set it up right. not compared to my sister's cannon rebel, but i've really been satisfied with it ever since i got it. play around in the menus to see what you can do:)
here's a picture of when i was blowing bubbles in my coke. flowers come out very well aswell.
p672245_1.jpg

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
theKnifeArtist said:
nice, but you probably could of done better close ups of those flowers.

Oh yeah, definitely could've got closer, but then you wouldn't have seen the surrounding environment (even though it was blurred) but it adds to the vision, heh. And I'm shooting with a Canon camera like you're sister...a Digital Rebel XT ;)

Here's one of my latest as of today... I REALLY like this one (this new lens is awesome)

clock2.bmp

Last edited:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I have a boatload of shots from the ALMS race... only a lot of the motion shots (the interesting photos) came out a bit blurred because I didn't have the camera set fast enough. Oh well, live and learn.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I have a bunch of shots from the Brumos race downloading from my camera... I may put them up here, but I kind of don't want to go through them... haha it ended up being around 500 shots.

But I did upload another shot of that clock... I really liked the pictures I got from it

clock1.bmp

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yeah i hear ya with not wanting to go through those pictures. i always take a million pictures where ever i go and then get too lazy to sort through them and pick out the good ones. i have yet to sort through the pictures i took from last summer's vacation to poland.
nice clock shot:)

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
theKnifeArtist said:
yeah i hear ya with not wanting to go through those pictures. i always take a million pictures where ever i go and then get too lazy to sort through them and pick out the good ones. i have yet to sort through the pictures i took from last summer's vacation to poland.
nice clock shot:)

Haha yeah I do the same thing. I have two 2gig CF cards and everytime I go somewhere I just keep taking pictures until they're full, download them onto the computer, then wipe them and repeat the process all while most times never looking at half the pictures taken.

But if you decide to go through your summer vacation pics before this thread dies feel free to post them up in here :bigthumb: