new build

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
Two yeras ago i bought a 88 n/a from a repo got it for 1250 not a bad deal for a sports car. it needs some work but nothing a little dedication cant fix. it has 138xxx miles on it and still runs like it came off the show room floor. in the past couple of months i finally started workin on it and trying to make it look like all the other beautiful supras on this forum. here is my project car. lots more pics to come.
this is the day that i brought it home.

picture.php

dirty engine bay.
picture.php

front view
picture.php

just a few small rust areas.
picture.php

i washed her some,polished the sawbladz a little. and cleaning for new weather stripping.
picture.php

cleaned the engine bay. put a k&n filter, megan tower bar, new radaitor, new plugs wires, and changed valve cover gasket.
picture.php

oh yeah.
picture.php

side shot.
picture.php

its in the garage rite now. im installing new energy suspension bushings, koni struts and H&R race springs ive been lazy about the pictures ill try and get some up soon to show the progress.

Last edited:

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
got some new photos of the progress

picture.php

driver side and passenger front finished
picture.php

Koni and h&r set up
picture.php

those red bushings look nice and will change the performance. but they are a pain to change. everything painted black i think it looks better
picture.php

finally got the new bumpstops today so im going to start putting the rear back together
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

finally finished sanding and repainting
picture.php

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
SupraDreamPDR;1388888 said:
Your Supra is looking good. Seems you have your suspension mods almost complete. Any plans to add more power?

yea asoon as i get some extra money im planning on doing a 2jz swap or a 1uz but im not really sure which one yet.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
well i ran into some problems. i have everything put back together except for the front driver side caliper the guide pin has siezed does anyone kno how to get it out? plus my torque wrench fell apart so yesterday was a great day.:1zhelp:

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
well just a little update.
i bought a 7mgte about a month ago and have since torn it apart and found out a few things. the cylinder walls are ok except for #2 hopefully i will just have to go .020 over to clean it up for the probe pistons i want. i also took the head apart and found that im going to have to get 8 new exhasut valves. its the begining of a long project and lots of money:aigo:. but im sure it will all be worth it.

the plan for right now is
-probe pistons
-eagle rods
-mhg
-civette bearings
-550 injectors
- maybe new valves if i need them
-57 trimm ct-26
-fuel mods
- 3inch turbo exhaust- getting the raptor racing hopefully soon
and im sure lots of other things. its only just the begining
any advice will be great or help will be great im all ears

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
have some new pics it has been awhile since i posted any.

had the windows tinted and cleaned it up a little
attachment.php

attachment.php

and got a new exhaust
attachment.php

let me know what yall think

Last edited:

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
been along time since i have updated my thread. last weekend i bout a 87 turbo and will soon be swaping everything out of the turboed car and putting it in mine. but before i do that i will be doing a fresh rebuild with the help of jordan and im sure a few other people. ill try and post of some pics of the parts car and a few other things i have done to mine some time this week.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
How did you like the difference between the stock suspension and energy suspension with h&r?

build looks good so far.