New build problem

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey everyone, so I have run into yet another problem trying to get the car running. So last weekend I was working on the car I finally got it running, and I let it run so it warmed up to opperating temp. It was idling rough, and I went to try to drive it to break in the motor, and as soon as I put any load on it, it seemed to have hit like fuel cut or something. The car wont go above 10 MPH. So I pulled it back in the drive way, and I shut it off. I went throught all the S-AFC set up settings again, to make shure I had all the setting correct, and they were. Now I went to try to start it back up again, and it runs for a few seconds, and shuts off rite away. As for the fuel they are new RC 550's, and a walbro 255, all stock intake components, and sadly to say a S-AFC that I dont know how to use correctly. I wanted to just get it running so I could go have it tunned, but I guess my plans have now been changed. Sorry for the long post, any help would be great. Thanks Ricardo

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Do you have a Lexus AFM to go with the 550s?
If not, and your trying to run it on the stock AFM,
you are dumping way too much fuel,
and would have to dial a lot out with the S-AFC,
both at low & high throttle settings.

Do you have an A/F ratio guage, or are you guessing at the S-AFC settings?

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
yea I checked for boost leaks first and found nothing, I am trying it on the stock afm rite now, and I do have a AEM wideband. I have a HKS VPC that I wanted to use after I got the car running better, because I didnt think I would run into this big of a problem. So would you guys recommend me installing the VPC, or should I just get the lexus AFM? thanks again Ricardo