new build problem?

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey everyone, so I just got my chip in for the VPC that I am using on the new build, i am using it with a S-AFC2, I leaned out the VPC to get the car to start, it is idling high (1600), but smooth. When I try to drive the car if I slowly give it throttle it start accelerating ok, but when I give it a quick throttle it seems to hit fuel cut, when I change the safc setting every time it hits fuel cut it resets everything. because it restarts. Either I am not using the safc correctly to save my settings, or I have an electrical issue. I have double checked all my wiring and it is good, everything is soldered and heat shrunk. I want to get the car running better so I can go get it tuned on Friday. Any help would be great thanks to all Ricardo

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
7m2ner;1373022 said:
Hey everyone, so I just got my chip in for the VPC that I am using on the new build, i am using it with a S-AFC2, I leaned out the VPC to get the car to start, it is idling high (1600), but smooth. When I try to drive the car if I slowly give it throttle it start accelerating ok, but when I give it a quick throttle it seems to hit fuel cut, when I change the safc setting every time it hits fuel cut it resets everything. because it restarts. Either I am not using the safc correctly to save my settings, or I have an electrical issue. I have double checked all my wiring and it is good, everything is soldered and heat shrunk. I want to get the car running better so I can go get it tuned on Friday. Any help would be great thanks to all Ricardo

GH eh? You wouldn't have happened to have picked this VPC up from Saiko, would you?

Did you set your TPS properly? Still running stock ECU?

gaboonviper85;1374369 said:
We need a list of every mod done to the car! What was removed...what was replaced...what is still stock and WTF is a vpc chip!!!???

VPC chip... HKS sells different chips for their VPC's, depending on what size injectors you have. There are chips for 440cc injectors and 550cc injectors. That's what he is referring to, I believe.

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey hows it going, well yes the chip I was talking about for the vpc is the 550 injector chip. the mods to the car are, eagle rods, .020 over JE pistons, fidanza flywheel, 5 angle valve job, cometic head gasket, all arp hardware, new oil pump, driftmotion oil pump hose, titan cam gears, greddy T-belt, RC 550's, walbro 255, aeromotive FPR, HKS SSQV, oil lilter relocation, LIPP 3" elbow, RS-R 3" downpipe, AEM uego wideband, Apexi S-AFC II, HKS VPC with 550 chip. that is it for the mods, as for what was removed it was just the EGR, and the AFM. Yea I am still running the stock ecu. Thanks Ricardo.