new 6 puck clutch issue with massive knocking noise WHO has 6puck please read

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
Hello guys

Just installed a new 6 puck clutch 1JZ supra....Clutch shifts fine little bit of shudder as expected but for some reason at 10kms-80kms there is this massive banging, klanging noise enough for people on the street to hear it. ive replaced the centre bearing with a 2nd hand one as the current one was fucked....it seems this 2nd hand one has died as well could it be the centre bearings are dying on me? would a single piece prop shaft solve this

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
yeah it pretty bad massive banging noise it felt like the driveshaft had fallen off....im guessing the centre bearing is either getting killed by the clutch shudder or the bonded section ive got a spare so will put that on

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
TrqMnstr;1744777 said:
Make sure you adjust everything trans related. I did a 6 puck into my R154 and didn't adjust a thing. Probably why my clutch slips.

What do you have to adjust ?

I have a 6 puck and i just put it in with a new Pilot Bearing and Pressure Plate and trow out bolted it all together and i have no problems..

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
ok its a wierd issue....first time drive out it was fine that 1kms from home it started to vibrate like hell and car would rattle changed centre bearing and I was able to drive 3kms then bang it bang and rattle around as soon as this happned I turned off the car and put it into netural and let it coast and it still happens which points to drive line but would could it be...could it be due to shaft not in phase..I didnt check this or diff related?

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
kinda sounds like your support bearing is going, i remember this happening to my 87 N/A made loud bangs and you feel it very good, and it came to the support bearing being junk, or some bolts are loose, i have had my 88GTE bolts come loose like 2 or 3 times, so i had to use some locktite and that fixed the problem

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
problem solved so stupid lol....rear exhaust mount had move up and touching on the passenger CV jonint bang bang bang !