Needing a bit of help/insight on my 1j build!

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Ok I am getting ready to start rounding up the items and parts for the top half of my engine build. And I have a few questions that I need answered as I am kind of new to the whole building one with a TT set up.

I have decided to go with twin HKS GT3037 Turbos for my car and I have found a place that is going to do me a custom exhaust manifold and before I go ahead and get them to build it I decided which wastegate that I am going to use. I have decided to go with the HKS GTII wastegate that is a 60mm and the spring pressure is good for 29.5. One of the dilemmas that I am coming across is should I have the exhaust manifold set up to run one on 2 of these turbos or should I tell them to make it so that I can run 1 for each turbo and just step down the size of the wastegate to a 50mm. As for some other items that I am onto with the top half is that both inlet and exhaust side valves are all going to be 1mm over and for the cams I will be going with the HKS 272 on the inlet side and 282 on the exhaust side. I will still be using the MSD Ignition setup that I originally got for the silver one so that I can do away with the factory ignition set up and as for the HKS FPCON that is already on the car that will be removed because I decided to go with the Haltec sport 2000 EMS. So that will allow me to do away with the FPCON setup. Also throws in the Anti-lag as well. lol I know that there is other stuff that I am forgetting about and it would really help me out to get this out to you guys and get your input on this as I want to keep the car drivable but when I want to play with it I just have a beast that is hiding under the hood.

So any insight that you all have for me is greatly appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
twin 38 or a single 44 would be plenty.

272 on both would be fine. And iirc you would want the longer duration on the intake side.

If your switching to a ems might as well just ditch the stock coils and get coils with built in igniters like the 1zz coils.