Need your Opinions on removing bumper grill (Pics inside)

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I've been considering redoing mine - starting with a new nose piece. If anyone in the NW is interested I'd sell my current one - see pics of the white Supra in this thread (not the pic just above this post).

The new nose is $320 and I've already done the labor to remove the fins and fill the holes in. I also filled in the license plate dimple. This cost me another $50 in materials.

It isn't perfect but looks pretty darned good. It could use a new shot of paint.

I'll let this go for $155 + shipping. Heck... that's cheaper than a new lip spoiler.

First PM gets PayPal address

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
91GTE said:
Mine is cut and it doesn't sag down............
Yes they sag, look what happened to Zoon's car when he cut his................
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Seriously, I wouldn't cut it, it looks like it's missing something.
Have you thought of painting just the vertical braces black........................

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Rajunz said:
Yes they sag, look what happened to Zoon's car when he cut his................
Seriously, I wouldn't cut it, it looks like it's missing something.
Have you thought of painting just the vertical braces black........................

I really dont feel like doing another photoshop to see how it would look, lol. I pretty much decided to leave the grill, but paint it black. You can see how it will look in the previous posts. I just went and bought the spray can during lunch. But with Super Bowl in my town this weekend :biglaugh:, I doubt I'll have time to do it this weekend. but I will definitly post pics when I'm done. I'm also gonna need a new Signature since I'm now sporting a whale tail as well, and my set-up is totally different.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
step 1: Cut out front bumper
step 2: Order FiberFlex (get the kit with the iron) and the FlexFiller
step 3: Sand the floor (oops nose)
step 4: Fill in Vs with FiberFlex - just like you are soldering
step 5: Sand the floor - lower than the rest of the bumper so you can raise it up with flexfiller
step 6: Fill with flexfiller and sand smooth
Repeat for all cutouts.
Prep the nose for paint
Paint