need wiring harness help

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
16 sounds about right. There are a couple of 10 gauge wires under the dash too. The alternator wires are thicker than that, but i forget what size. Just make sure the conducting part of the wire your using is the same size or bigger than what your attaching it to.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I made a write up with how to extend the harness... I can't seem to find it, so if anyone has the thread saved somewhere, please post it here as well. I went to Frye's and got a couple of different sized spools of wire, a fancy wire stripper, and a bunch of heatshrink.

This is what I did with the Aristo/2JZ (after a few swaps, you start to find ways to do things better/faster). I hope it helps ya out some.

Went kinda like this... took us about 3.5 hours, including prepping/staging stuff. I did not extend the Aristo body plug, 'cause you really only end up using a handful of those wires.

Prepare the wires used to extend, measure and cut to same lengths... (Tip: Place shrinkwrap on them and then strip)
wiresready.jpg

Then separate wires into bundles (maybe 10 at a time) where the colors of wires will not accidentally be mistaken for another... Cut & solder one or two bundles at a time
bundlescut1.jpg

matchup_thensolder.jpg

After you've soldered and checked the connection to be good, hit the shrinkwrap with the hairdryer.... and there U go!
result.jpg