Need to see pics of Koyo / electric fan setups

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
So I was gonna throw in my radiator last night, finish double checking everything, and try to crank the car over...so I installed my Dual Flexalite fans on the back of my Koyo radiator and went to slide it in and there is absolutely no way it's going to fit. :-( the problem is not the radiator nor the fans.....it's my damn blitz LM intercooler. The piping does a 90 degree bend straight down after the throttle body and just doesn't allow room for the fans. it fits without the fans, however. I tried to see if I could mount them in a pusher-style setup, but the fans are just a little too big for that.

so now, I'm feeling that my option is to buy another fan. maybe a single electric fan and mount it in the middle, or completely re-route my intercooler piping from my $1200 kit (yay...:-( )

any suggestions / pictures would be appreciated.

Serzy

Apr 20, 2005
LI NY
www.myspace.com
My piping does the same thing and although I dont have a koyo radiatior I had to use a ford taurus single electric fan and it fit perfect and after trimming the shroud it comes with so it sits a little thinner it covers the entire radiator except for by where the IC pipe has to be.... and it cools perfectly at idle the fan can easily bring the temps down to wherever I set my fan control at. It is also cheap and readily available, the only draw back is the fact that it can draw as much as 30-40amps contiunous and 100ish peak on startup so a heavy duty relay will be required.