*Need to Borrow/Rent* 7M Torque plate

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Hey guys,

I am in need of a 7M torque plate.
Does anyone have one that I could borrow or rent for a couple of weeks at most?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sam

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Due to the wear on the plate over the past four years, the torque plate is no longer available. I apologize for any inconvenience with regard to UR build. Van

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Van;1617570 said:
I'm that guy. You'll need to pay round trip shipping and insurance. I'll get the dimensions and the weight tomorrow and see what the cost is to ship out of a friend's business. When do you need the plate? What's your ZIP code. Van

Cool,

Not in an urgent rush to get it, but sooner than later.

Thanks Van,

Sam

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I just got it back from M&B Cylinder Head about a month ago. I want the community to know the 7M Torque Plate, it is available for use. Just pay the freight and insurance both ways. Van

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
^^^^
Gracious of you to make this available to the community
It'll be wise to also collect a deposit of the full value of the plate to be on hold until the plate is returned back to you (in decent condition). Otherwise, it may not return ;)

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
BlackDevilSupra;1618148 said:
^^^^
Gracious of you to make this available to the community
It'll be wise to also collect a deposit of the full value of the plate to be on hold until the plate is re turned back to you (in decent condition). Otherwise, it may not return ;)
That's not a bad idea! Where would the deposit be held?
Thanks. Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Hey Van,

I am interested in using your torque plate, I can paypal you the $25 and just send it back to you once I am done with it?

Let me know

Thank you,
Sam

Good Day Sam,

I'm in the process of deciding if my current policy of lending the plate, is wise. A fellow forum member brought up the caveat that a deposit for the full value of the plate would help motivate others returning the plate, otherwise, it may not return. A suggestion is to hold an agreed upon deposit in some neutral place, like PayPal.
My policy of lending the torque plate in the forum, is based upon the successful public Library, lending policy, of peer pressure and public shame for not upholding a public agreement. It is why I rent this only through a forum post and not through a PM. I'm not interested in levying fees for an unreturned plate either, as I don't have the authority to do so.
So, please let's keep this exchange in your original post.
If you want to do some shipping leg work on your end, then only PayPal the $25. My PayPal account is: "kdvanloo@live.com". Thanks. Van

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Van;1618510 said:
Good Day Sam,

I'm in the process of deciding if my current policy of lending the plate, is wise. A fellow forum member brought up the caveat that a deposit for the full value of the plate would help motivate others returning the plate, otherwise, it may not return. A suggestion is to hold an agreed upon deposit in some neutral place, like PayPal.
My policy of lending the torque plate in the forum, is based upon the successful public Library, lending policy, of peer pressure and public shame for not upholding a public agreement. It is why I rent this only through a forum post and not through a PM. I'm not interested in levying fees for an unreturned plate either, as I don't have the authority to do so.
So, please let's keep this exchange in your original post.
If you want to do some shipping leg work on your end, then only PayPal the $25. My PayPal account is: "dvanloo@impactnw.org". Thanks. Van

Hey Van,

Im not going to respond to your pm as requested.

I can understand your worry for having someone "steal" the plate by not returning it, IK me saying I am a trustworthy guy can only mean so much over the internet, Im sure other members on here can vouch for me.

I think Paying for return shipping on my own will be easier as well.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks Van

Sam

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
87M-GTE;1618787 said:
Hey Van,

Im not going to respond to your pm as requested.

I can understand your worry for having someone "steal" the plate by not returning it, IK me saying I am a trustworthy guy can only mean so much over the internet, Im sure other members on here can vouch for me.

I think Paying for return shipping on my own will be easier as well.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks Van

Sam

Sam,
I'll be able to go to the UPS Store this week. Give me your shipping info and PayPal me the $26. I'll send it out and give you a heads-up and tracking number too, if needed. Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Sam,
I tried yesterday to mail/ship out the plate, insured, then both USPS & UPS told me I will need to repack as it won't ship as I packed it (I tried to ship using light weight cardboard). I've heavier weight cardboard I can get my hands on and I will ship on Monday. It's going ground so it will take all week to get there.
Your address is unusual, according to both shippers. UPS wondered if it is to a retail address, as their rate is different? Van