need tips for getting engine back together with tranny...

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
on my 7mgte, i had to pull it with tranny to replace rod/main bearings. im having a helluva time getting the tranny mated back with the engine, the spline will NOT go back together through the clutch assembly/flywheel. i dont know whats up, itll go part of the way then get stuck, like the clutch bearing wasnt lined up or something. tried rotating the spline by hand through the r154's driver side hole, but to no avail. any ideas? hoping to get the fucker running again by deadline of friday if i can find a battery and air filter :p

thanks again guys,
Drew

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
are the tranny & engine out of the car .... Its hella easier if they are .

Edit : My bad ..... & I even read that too .
on my 7mgte, i had to pull it WITH tranny to replace rod/main bearings.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Take the pressure plate and clutch off the motor and slide them on the transmission input shaft then bolt tranny to motor. Now you can bolts the pressure plate to the flywheel through the inspection plates.

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
got it back together, and with alot of trouble got the engine back in the car, adn tranny bolted up. now i gotta find out how the hell the harness goes back on to all those parts lol... and all hte banjo bolts and oil tubes, and all that crap... wish me luck!