Need some opinions guys:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Well the other day i was thinking i want to start the Rebuild for my supra, as some may noticed ive already started a thread for it :naughty: :biglaugh:

But any wais as for the motor, i was wondering what you guys would recommend for a nice subtle build, waht parts what items to but in the bay.

Right now im leaning to around 400/ with a stock turbo size that can use the same manifold and dp. Something like the upgraded ct26.

Any thing you guys think internals, accesories, ignition, everything to have a nice street car but enough power when i want to get on it thanks!!

for example, the lex afm with 550.

but besides that what other things motor wise would be a good choice. I have unorth cams and other misc items on the way, catch can ss lines, afpr, fuel rail etc.

Please let me know all suggestions are welcome.

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
You really didn't NEED a bigger rail (Im assuming you got a bigger one), but you will most likely need a walbro 255lph pump :)
Why use the stock DP? Go for the BIC DDP if money permits!! :D

:naughty: haha well now i actually got a stock rail that im gonna clean thouroly and throw some 550's on there hopefully with a 255.

But besides that i have a hks dp on the way, that bolts on the ct, so i was wondering what other things i should get,

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
ceramic chrome the stock manifold like me jayr, PM jdub :icon_bigg u can send him yours..
actually ceramic all the stuff on the turbo side...or as much as possible.
oil lines and coolant line from mdc for the ct....
bigaarons 10mm or 7/16 stud kit for the stock exhaust manifold, i have the 10mm...67 out of car kit shipped i think ....go pm him....
ARP studs or bolts...
vac lines from hose techniques....(dont know if replaced that yet...)
i think i remember u saying your going to be using a safc I or II for tuning, get a wideband either AEM or PLX M300....LM-1 and NGK not to familiar with...
a felpro gasket kit replaces all gasket in the engine... or get one of ebay....
if u have a check eng light for knock sensor PM shaef for kit kit 60$ shipped comes with intructions....
BIC DP ceramic coated with flex section FTW..... i heard not to many ppl like the HKS DP.... and u need to make another bung for the dp or an adapter plate to use the stock one....( for wideband ....)
what clutch u planning to use... change bushing in tranny " green truck bushing" or w/e... do a seach on it...
and what type of internals u going to use...valvetrain...rods... pistons...
i have ross and planning to use eagle rods ....valvetrain (undecided) go ferrera, but there PRICY!!u can upgrade to chevy springs to as they fit our cars use the seach tool on it for more info...

u can stop by my house if u wanna see the stud kit and all my other shit that i have if u want jayr...
353-9531

Last edited:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
sounds good to me...
i maybe at work.... or @ green run setting up things for the upcoming tennis season ( im the head coach).....
leave a msg if i dont pick up...and leave a # just incase...

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
what some low price but ok quality rods and pistons, right now im in the process of getting eagle and wiesco but they are a little too pricy so yah let me know of some other thanks.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Low price and ok quality? Stock.
The stock bottom end will hold 400-500 with a good tune (no detonation)
I've heard of 600 on it, but i doubt that would be reliable

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Jaguar_5 said:

well im not looking for more than 550, and i dont wannna spend 348y324723894723471298432 dollars :biglaugh:. so yah.this is my set up so far.

-rebuilt bottom end/milled/hot tanked
-pistons/rods still pending
-rebuild head thanks to blue dragon, i was already in the proc of doing t head with na cams, thanks saved me time and work so YAY!!

mhg or cometic etc
arp hardware
stock ct mani with/ upgraded ct
550' lex/afm
255 fuel
polished cleaned stock rail/afpr
nology wires
catch can
custom oil cooler
front mount
3 indp still pending = What dp you guys reccomend?
3inch full catback

any other suggestion

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Jaguar_5 said:

so stock pistons and rods, do you think that would be safe to run no more than possibly 525-550 max if i even get up there?

with the possibel below set up?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
ts_MKIII said:
so stock pistons and rods, do you think that would be safe to run no more than possibly 525-550 max if i even get up there?

with the possibel below set up?

its all about the TUNEING jayr....
balanced and prepped stock rods and pistons can do the job....

but if u have a ct 26 upgrade... i highly doubt u can get up to 525-550
i bet you will want more power later...and since your using the stock mani i bet after you'll be looking to the sp61/boss turbo series or other bolt on turbo'....so i say save up and get some of the top notch internals incase u want to get a bigger turbo....cuz i dont think u want to go back and change the internals twice....
take your time, dont rush or youll have headaches....

oh yea change the oil pump and oil pump shaft bearings...get them from champion toyota jay marks.....
call me if u need to jayr....

Last edited:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
im using ross pistons and need to purchase eagle rods one fo these days... pistons from Ian/IJ he told me to get 0.0035">0.004" Piston to Bore clearence
dont really know whats a good piston to bore block....someone chime in....
.20?? are u talking about oversized pistons or valves??

Last edited:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
You don't choose piston size for power!

This isn't a bigblock chevy where you can overbore for more combustion space, our cylinders are very close together, you want to take off the minimum material needed, choose pistons based on what bore size you currently have, choose the ones that will let you remove the smallest amount of material to get your clearance, order them, and make sure your machinist doesn't touch the block until he has these new pistons in-hand! Almost exactly the same procedure for bearings!

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Jaguar_5 said:
You don't choose piston size for power!

This isn't a bigblock chevy where you can overbore for more combustion space, our cylinders are very close together, you want to take off the minimum material needed, choose pistons based on what bore size you currently have, choose the ones that will let you remove the smallest amount of material to get your clearance, order them, and make sure your machinist doesn't touch the block until he has these new pistons in-hand! Almost exactly the same procedure for bearings!

ahh there we go thanks! thats the answer im looking for thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.